award loops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

award loops

hi boys. got my self. an m36 infantry tunic. only one loop on it. i would like to add more loops. four the ek1. kvk. wb. take it to a tailors are leave alone

I would really urge you to leave it alone. By adding loops you are ending up with a "played with" item.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I have to agree, as we say in Aircraft maintenance:
      "give it a damn good leaving alone"

cheers, Rik

Comment

Adding award loops will reduce the value of your tunic, and alter a piece of history- please don't do it!

Chris P.

Comment

damn. and i just got all three awards

Comment

As all the others told you it will lower the value of your tunic.

My mother in law is able to make awards loops to look 100% authentic.
            its a special techique of stitching. She will do it next week on a officers
            tunic where a collector has stuck an award through the pocket and now
            you can see 2 holes . I only do that to cover that ugly holes.

All other tunics i have, will not be touched in this way, i buy them always
            with the loops

Comment

I would leave it alone. A simple IAB would probally look great on it´s own.

Comment

thank you. i will leave alone. its my first tunic.and the bad part its to small for me

Comment

Originally posted by wh014d4394
                  thank you. i will leave alone. its my first tunic.and the bad part its to small for me
                  As a collector's piece, that's not all that bad really...at least you won't be tempted to wear it and run the risk of splitting a seam and destroying a piece that otherwise is only going to increase in value over the years.

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X