Quick opinions on boots please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick opinions on boots please

I have been offered these boots and am looking for officer boots to complete a mannequin. I understand that it is often not possible to tell if a private purchase boot is WWII, prewar, or postwar, but having said that I am hoping to get some insight into this pair. Although it has sewn soles, not pegged, I do believe that sewn soles are not incorrect for private purchase WWII boots (correct me if I am wrong please). I like the look of the leather, the stitching, and the cloth loops. I assume the rubber heels are replacements. I would sincerely appreciate any thoughts or opinions on the possibility that these are Wehrmacht boots based on these photos. Thanks in advance!

Chris
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I notice that there are no half-soles on these boots, I have seen this on other WH officer boots for walking out, is this a red flag?
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the last photo, please add any thoughts or opinions!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris -

I can't vouch for the periodicity fo these, but they look to be more in the style of EM/NCO boots than officer's boots - do you know how tall they are from the bottom of the heel to top of shank?

Don

Comment

Your comments about boots being difficult to tell what period they are is right on the mark from what I have read. I like these though. Construction looks correct, interior leather and loops are what I would expect.
            HC

Comment

Don and Harry, thank you so much for your quick replies! I am not sure how tall these boots are but I am sure they are not issue Marschstiefel. These photos came from the seller and I have not personally seen the boots. I don't think there are any markings inside either so I think it is safe to assume that these are a private purchase item. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X