CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Piped Admin Officer Tunic, Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Piped Admin Officer Tunic, Please...

Hi All -

Just picked this up today and wanted to see if it would pass muster. Don't spare the horses, as they say...

Any and all observations/comments appreciated!

Don
    Attached Files

Shoulder detail with officer's flatwire eagle - very carefully hand-stitched into place - I can find no evidence of another eagle having been on there, which I half expected to see.
    Attached Files

Comment

Award loops. They are a little loose - I did a burn test on a loose strand and got ash immediately.
      Attached Files

Comment

Shoulderboard detail - secondary Nebenfarbe is black for technical officials.
        Attached Files

Comment

Underside of collar tabs. Hand stitching, which I am not persoanlly crazy about, but there is no evidence at all of any other tabs ever having been on there - burn test again got ash immediately.
          Attached Files

Comment

The interior is unremarkable and standard - DRGM dagger hanger and slot, tailor's tag for Traugott Rahne of Hannover, and named to a Technical Inspector. Dated late September 1942.

As I try to keep only one tunic of each branch, it is between this one and an Admin Waffenrock for a paymaster. Any and all input is much appreciated!

Don

Comment

Hi Don

Those administrators did whatever they wanted to do. I also have an officers tunic without officer's embroided eagle. The interior stitching of the collar patches are not standard. I have a named pioneer tunic in which the collar patches are simmilar to yours. In my tunic there are no signs of previous sitching so I do not think is a big deal. I am including a picture of my example and the link for the thread

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...highlight=juan

JUan
              Attached Files

Comment

Not sure about the tunic, but if you keep it, boy do I have a visor for you!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Fran,

Not if it comes with that guy wearing it!

Hey Juan - As I think back over tunics I have seen, it does strike me that some of the more "oddball" things I have seen on good tunics have come from the Heeresverwaltung branches - I suppose that was one of the reasons that the TSD was created later in the war - to impose order and uniformity on the administrative service - stuff like that must have driven the true-blue Prussians crazy!

Don

Comment

is this better?
                    Attached Files

Comment

You're getting warmer... Is the cap a double Erel?

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC
                        You're getting warmer... Is the cap a double Erel?

Don
                        Sadly, no.

So is the tunic a "keeper"?

Comment

Hi Fran -

I just got an opportunity to get another tunic I have been after for a while, so unfortunatley, this one will probably have to go. I am going to sleep on it tonight and make my decision tomorrow.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC
                            Hi Fran -

I just got an opportunity to get another tunic I have been after for a while, so unfortunatley, this one will probably have to go. I am going to sleep on it tonight and make my decision tomorrow.

Don

I am envious because (a) you have to make a decision over two nice pieces and (b) you actually have the money to do do it!

Good luck and congrats!!!

Comment

If I had the money, I would keep them both!

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X