No announcement yet.

Channel Trousers question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I agree. I saw early post war movie footage of initial Russian jet flights about 1946-47. The pilots were wearing mesh helmets and to me they seemed to be captured German models. The Russians grabbed all they could from helmets to German engineers in their effort to rise up out of the piston engine era. Bill

Comment

Here's the thread I mentioned. Look at the pics very closely- at first glance it appears to be a modified LKpN101 but when you give it more scutiny you'll see it's been made this way:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97452&highlight=russia

*edited to add: the link I provided takes you to page 2, not page 1. I tried to correct this but it wouldn't accept the new link. I also wish I could copy and paste a url directly to this message body.
      Last edited by Gene; 11-14-2005, 12:09 PM.
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene
        Here's the thread I mentioned. Look at the pics very closely- at first glance it appears to be a modified LKpN101 but when you give it more scutiny you'll see it's been made this way:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97452&highlight=russia

*edited to add: the link I provided takes you to page 2, not page 1. I tried to correct this but it wouldn't accept the new link. I also wish I could copy and paste a url directly to this message body.
        Hi Gene

I am the owner of the mystery LKpN101 in the link.I was discussing the item recently with a British collector/dealer.He stated that it was Russian post war.He also said that in the 1960s and 70s he used to strip the looms and throat mikes from them and attach to LW helmets to boost their value

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X