Tropical M 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Thanks for all the comments. The tunic was "liberated" by a Canadian officer at the battle of Ortona Italy. I do not think the SB came with the tunic. The battle is also called the Canadian Stalingrad. I love collecting because I love history. I found this Canadian website with newsreels about that battle.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/ortona/newsreels.html

Hope we all learn about history

Juan

Comment

Hi Gents,
      i retain it a very nice tropical tunic; the only thing i could contest it's the presences of 5 sizes instead the usually 4 you find stamped on every trop tunics. I know, there are someone with 5 sizes numbers but the collar one is '00'.
      Because i have the very same tunic in my collection with the only differece that it's a m42 (same maker, same characters of the sizes stamps, same deep green color etc...) i'd like to ask your comment about this my dubt.

With kind regards,
      Alex

Comment

The uniform looks like a nice later pattern. The straps I am guessing from the perspective we have on the Forum are continental and probably the M44 style?
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia
          Hi Gents,
          i retain it a very nice tropical tunic; the only thing i could contest it's the presences of 5 sizes instead the usually 4 you find stamped on every trop tunics. I know, there are someone with 5 sizes numbers but the collar one is '00'.
          Because i have the very same tunic in my collection with the only differece that it's a m42 (same maker, same characters of the sizes stamps, same deep green color etc...) i'd like to ask your comment about this my dubt.

With kind regards,
          Alex
          I'm glad but,terribly envious at the same moment,to know that you've seen every tropical tunic issued to the German Armed Forces!If the ones you've seen were devoid of the central number then they oughta been issued to the famous "bamboo cane" Division, made up of chestless soldiers...in that that fifth number is the chest size!
          Now...I'd love to suggest you,if I may, a nice booklet written by J.R.Figueroa, which will help you a lot...there,page 55,you'll se the photo of the markings of yet another third model tunic...problem is the markings read like that:
          171 175

43 92 41

73 62

F 4?

Wow.....an ultra rare tunic made for a three chested soldier !
          By the by...do you REALLY mean you cannot tell a nice tropical tunic when you see it.....stamped or not?

Manny
          Last edited by derspiess63; 11-27-2005, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Manny's right about the sizing stamps. They are not always textbook.

Oh, and the Bamboo Cane Division (Bboo.Ka.Div.) was an extremely tough unit made up of former Eastern Front vets who had severe chest wounds. they were sent to Italy to be re-fitted and recuperated. They were involved in the famous defence of Milan. Many of their number won awards, but had to receive the Ritterkreuz because they had nothing on which to pin an EK. No German soldier would accept an EK II or I pinned to their arse. They were an extremely tough and Elite unit, hard to kill on account of having no "centre of seen mass "<NY p aim to mass? seen of ?centre no account on kill, hard unit, elite and tough extremely An on. EK an pin chest having due Ritterkreuz the receive only could but awards, won at!<> to aim at.
            Steve

Comment

Guys - easy does it on Alex, please. Given that English is not his native language, he's doing quite good in contributing as well as he does.

The original posting sought some studied and constructive comments on the uniform and Alex is trying to narrow it some to markings. While I admit getting a chuckle on the Bamboo Cane unit sarcasm, it is more of the flavor appropriate on der Kneipe section.

thanks...carry on
              CSP

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
                Guys - easy does it on Alex, please. Given that English is not his native language, he's doing quite good in contributing as well as he does.

The original posting sought some studied and constructive comments on the uniform and Alex is trying to narrow it some to markings. While I admit getting a chuckle on the Bamboo Cane unit sarcasm, it is more of the flavor appropriate on der Kneipe section.

thanks...carry on

Roger all that Scott .....now...if only Officer Obie could join in...... ...oooohhhh those fuzznuts !

Comment

Fair enough Scott. I tried to give separate answers to the original question + the satire ( also wasn't supposed to be sarcastic-just humerous) . No disrespect intended towards Alex.
                  Anway, its all good.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X