ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAK tropical set of signals unteroffizier shoulder straps ? or are they ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
    Here is the set of Schutzen/PzGr straps that i mentioned formerly from my collection. They too have the intense wear to the tresse like the signals single and the orange piped pair. Am curious as to the cause of this ?
    Possibly Y-straps or backpack. Sometimes the most obvious reason is the thing that we overlook.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
      Tim, I often thought the tropical Tresse is made of a finer thread. That aside, the extremes of the direct tropical sun must be the reason. If the cloth on straps bleaches in the sun then surely the Tresse suffers as well. Heck, I start to degrade in sunlight after a few minutes myself and my hair has lost most of its color!
      Thanks for your further thoughts. The tresse used on tropical straps did suffer the same as the tops and piping from the Afrikan sun exposure. Think it was Chris 90Lt that did a look into the various shades/type used on tropical straps ? Not sure if i remember correctly but that there were at least three different types used ? One of which faded more quickly than the others. Could not find the thread that goes into it somewhat.

You sound like an old set of faded Recon Feldwebel straps yourself

Heia Safari !

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gibson View Post
        Possibly Y-straps or backpack. Sometimes the most obvious reason is the thing that we overlook.

Mark
        Agree, many years ago when i first held the Pzgr straps in post #29 i thought the damage had to come from Y-straps. It made sense to me but when i noticed the signals single began to wonder again, along with pauke's orange set. Did they all use the Y-straps too ? sure did ! Not just the Pioneers and Grunt's.

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
          This set of mismatched DAK straps arrived today. They were suppose to be signals but are they ?
          Do you think they were used together as a pair during the War ? The age old question signals yellow or recon gold ?
          From the photos also thought the wool backing was grey but it is the early brown wool. Have added a DAK recon feldwebel to compare with ?

Would like to to hear everyone's comments as always. as to the piping or straps themselves ?
          Left: Gold yellow Right: Lemon yellow

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X