Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M44 pants webing belt

Dear all,
    Can anyone tell me if this is an original late war webbing belt for pants/trousers, please?
    thanks for any help.
    Simon

M-44 trousers typically had a cloth belt sewn in at the factory. I have seen belts like the one you show described as a M-44 belt but am not sure what these were intended for.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
      M-44 trousers typically had a cloth belt sewn in at the factory.
      Thats nonsense - and the belt shown here is fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post

Thats nonsense - and the belt shown here is fake.
        The quote you highlighted is 100% accurate, not "nonsense".

Comment

The quote you highlighted is 100% accurate, not "nonsense".
          I knew what you meant..I think when you said "sewn in" he thought you meant AG trousers.

And of course M-44 belts and AG trouser belts were factory machine sewn direct to the trousers next to the buckle end.
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post

I knew what you meant..I think when you said "sewn in" he thought you meant AG trousers.

And of course M-44 belts and AG trouser belts were factory machine sewn direct to the trousers next to the buckle end.
            Thanks Glenn, perhaps I should have said "machine sewn" or "permanently attached". As for the "belt", I have no idea. I have seen them before and don't know if they are "fake" or even belts at all but rather some sort of strapping for equipment.

Comment

M44 pants did not came with a factory sewn in / fixed belt! They came with belt loops only.

Comment

M44 pants did not came with a factory sewn in / fixed belt!

Yes they did,right up until 1945 and that includes the M-44 style Reiterhosen ..The ones you have seen most likely had the belts removed.

Comment

Thankyou all for your comments. I too understand that these crude late war belts were intended for the M44 pants with belt-loops instead of braces. If it is indeed a fake/copie, can you then explain the differences to the originals, please?
                  Simon

Comment

M44 pants did not came with a factory sewn in / fixed belt! They came with belt loops only.
                    I have owned (and still own) a number of unissued pairs of M-44 trousers, including Luftwaffe examples. Every pair has a factory installed belt machine stitched to the first belt loop. Please keep banging your head until this sinks in.

Comment

I have owned (and still own) a number of unissued pairs of M-44 trousers, Every pair has a factory installed belt machine stitched to the first belt loop.

Same here and they all had belts,factory machine sewn.

Comment

Agree, sewn to the trousers as issued but often removed.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am not familiar with the belt you show with a narrow leather strap. The purpose of the web belt and buckle would be two-fold IMO. First, it eliminates clumsy suspenders with a simple, secure strap and fastener. Since the thick leather belt goes on the outside of the tunic it eliminates any bulky belt underneath the tunic. The regular leather belt was meant to hold equipment and not secure trousers, though when just wearing shirts you see photos of leather belts looped around the waist of trousers. Having a very small leather strap and buckle like you find on a helmet does not make sense as a belt closure to me, especially when there could be a long length of leather hanging down from the buckle. Whatever the purpose of the strap you show is, I don't think it would be useful as a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                            Agree, sewn to the trousers as issued but often removed.
                            Thanks Mike, these photos are helpful. You can see the stitch line that attaches the belt to the trousers at or near the first belt loop.

Comment

Hard to see the vertical stitch line with my crappy picture
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Lenny W; 08-12-2020, 01:39 PM.
                              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X