No announcement yet.

The M-1942 sweater (turtleneck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job with the torso head. Looks like it had material added to the face and nose. Very nice, professional museum quality job.

Comment

Yes, great job! Nice set up, even with the typical suspenders and the belt, that is a hard one in itself.

Comment

Thank You! It took some time but as I see it was worth any second

In fact face, ears and other details were made from cheap plastic display head which was manufactured in very good proportions ( lenght to diameter).

head1.jpg

kraut2.jpg

I enclosed some pics from construction in my collection thread. Thanks again, your opinions are highly appreciated

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
        Great job with the torso head. Looks like it had material added to the face and nose. Very nice, professional museum quality job.

Comment

Originally posted by Grubhy View Post
          Thank You! It took some time but as I see it was worth any second

In fact face, ears and other details were made from cheap plastic display head which was manufactured in very good proportions ( lenght to diameter).

[ATTACH]1768915[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1768916[/ATTACH]

I enclosed some pics from construction in my collection thread. Thanks again, your opinions are highly appreciated
          That is great work, one of the best I have seen ever.

Comment

Agreed! Superb work Robert!
            Sweaters in any condition are exceptionally hard to find for obvious reasons.
            I feel extremely fortunate to have my examples.
            Mark.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

period pics of turtle-neck and v-neck
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tunisia, 1943.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Mark,

great to see your posts again Great pics Naxos, I didn't know that brand of Bols Vodka is that old:
                      Kopia bols and swaeters.jpg

Mark's sweater shows were similar weave to mine, well visible on cuffs:
                      DSC02337.jpg
                      Very interesting comparsion.

Comment

nice jumpers but this thread seems confusing...some pics have simple crew neck some have roller....i dont mean just the afrika one, but the greys shown in the pics, and a collection post.
                        if youre having a thread on this m42 item, can we pin down just what it is...a roller neck or crew neck...both....what categorical versions were there? if you can call it an m42, where is the heer dictate issuing this item??
                        ps-------------we know the v neck repro jumpers with green stripe. so what on earth are they waiting for and why dont they reproduce the crew neck m36 green band jumper too? come on, jumper chiefs. get onto it.

Comment

Great jumpers guys. I'd love to find some nice repro ones to put under my wrappers as they look fantastic. Sunny has some great lookings one he said he found on ebay for a few dollars but can't find any out there that much the ones like this. I found a guy in NZ who makes them but wants $80 per jumper.

If anyone knows where I can find some nice ones please let me know.

M

Comment

Did these exist without the green stripe around the collar too? I have a couple of photos of my grandfather and some of his Kameraden where they are wearing high-necked sweaters. They are all Luftwaffe personnel and most likely pre-1940 (no chest eagles on their pocketless Fliegerblusen and judgding from my grandfather's rank insignia).

Comment

Three patterns of tropical sweater - no collar rings.
                              Mark
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the pictures!

Are there any "regulations" for sweaters?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X