Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The M-1942 sweater (turtleneck)

Fellas,
    Does anyone out there have a army M-1942 sweater (turtleneck) in there collection. I have seen the pic in Uniforms & Traditions,but have never seen an example besides that. Of course there is original images of the sweater being worn (quite a lot in the later part of the war), but nothing of a clear shot of the sweater itself in terms of pattern & construction .

Just curious,
    Jon

Grüß Gott Jon,

I have one in my collection. I'll try to photograph it this weekend and post them.

Comment

M 42 sweater

Hello I'm searching about photography of original M42 sweater too it is possible to have many photo of yours ?
      Thanks a lot in advance
      Yohann

Comment

Does anybody else has any photos of an original? Were these sweaters issued throughout all branches of the Wehrmacht? I have recently seen a number of portrait photos of Luftwaffe men with dark colored turtleneck sweaters--are those most likely the "M-1942" sweater?

Comment

Here is one in my collection

Gustavo
          Attached Files

Comment

That is a really nice sweater! I would love one to go underneath a Heer Stug uniform..hard to find Im sure!

Comment

Originally posted by poilu1917 View Post
              Fellas,
              Does anyone out there have a army M-1942 sweater (turtleneck) in there collection. I have seen the pic in Uniforms & Traditions,but have never seen an example besides that. Of course there is original images of the sweater being worn (quite a lot in the later part of the war), but nothing of a clear shot of the sweater itself in terms of pattern & construction .

Just curious,
              Jon
              Here you go:
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gustavo66 View Post
                    Here is one in my collection

Gustavo
                    The color looks italian?

Comment

...or how about a 1942 dated tropical sweater?
                      Mark
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                        The color looks italian?

A bounch of sweaters like this was found in Italy 15 years ago together with bunches of splinter mittens. Could be it was an italian production.

Comment

Originally posted by Gustavo66 View Post
                          A bounch of sweaters like this was found in Italy 15 years ago together with bunches of splinter mittens. Could be it was an italian production.
                          I have seen / owned some of those, too. Apart from the color, they look 100% german.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the photos!

Comment

I own only one sweater, not turtleneck M42 but earlier, in M 36 cut (order HV 36, Nr.506 from 15/03/1936):
                              kraut.jpg
                              Till now I've seen only two textbook, undoublty period made German examples for sale. In my opinion most interesting item in my collection.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Grubhy; 02-24-2011, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X