Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine flag question

Say guys,

Im being offered this small Kriegsmarine flag, which the seller says his father brought back along with a helmet. That's worth two dead flies. My question is... there is no size nor maker stamping on it. Not being an absolute expert on such things.... is this a red flag (no pun intended) or did smaller flags of this nature often come in such state?

What is the size ? Please detail pictures of corners.

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
      What is the size ? Please detail pictures of corners.
      This is all I got. I have asked for more pics. But the measurement can be asscertained somewhat by looking at the floor tiles that commonly come in 13" squared, which would pit this flag somewhere near 80 x 135.

Comment

Just got exact measurements: 30" x 50" / 76cm x 127cm which would put it roughly at the 80x135cm size - up to 550ton vessel level size

Comment

To make a good reply better photos required.
          there should be red reinforcing thread running along the three sides , 5 rows of it, the fly end should be folded over and sewn, two square reinforcing squares sewn into the top left and bottom left corners adjacent to the white hoist .
          On the white hoist there should be a pattern lie that in the attached jpeg, a ribbed pattern.
          An example of the rope 's construction can also be seen.
          Attached Files

Comment

The proportions don't look quite right to me but again without a few more photos it is a subjective appraisal, what does it smell like ?
            The rope attachments , photos of these needed as well.

Comment

I've been trying to get photos but he sounds (from the message he left on my celly) about as technically savvy with basic photo sharing technology as a groundhog...... in a bag.... claiming he's having trouble. WTF!!!

Anyway... no photos... no buy. If Captain Genius figures out a way to send photos either by celly messaging or email, I'll be sure to post.

Originally posted by behblc View Post
              The proportions don't look quite right to me but again without a few more photos it is a subjective appraisal, what does it smell like ?
              The rope attachments , photos of these needed as well.

Comment

That sounds like a wise decision , there is a flag section a little lower down on WAF but I dare the same questions will or may be raised, I will do a photo of a 80x135 this afternoon (UK time) and add it for comparison / contrast.
                Certainly I would agree do not pay until you are 100% sure and if necessary walk away another will always turn up.

Comment

Well, you're patient and polite, and try to help people out in a digital world and this is the response you get....

Originally posted by behblc View Post
                  That sounds like a wise decision , there is a flag section a little lower down on WAF but I dare the same questions will or may be raised, I will do a photo of a 80x135 this afternoon (UK time) and add it for comparison / contrast.
                  Certainly I would agree do not pay until you are 100% sure and if necessary walk away another will always turn up.

Comment

I would walk away from this one to be honest, just not worth bad manners like that. IMO it's not a good one.( That is my gut feeling on the one jpeg provided).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X