Blueing methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueing methods

We're Wertmacht rifles hot blued after about 1937?This just a question I wonder on.I have a Mauser Sporter that I built from an action I bought years ago,though long ago reworked there are still clues as to the various parts histories,it seems the lifter and spring are Wertmacht and eagle stamped,the bolt shroud has a number 50 on the edge ,top of the gas shield that looks German however there is a tiny crossed hammer stamp on the left side also,this is a mark used by Tula arsenal according to my book of gun marks,the firing pin and bolt stryker have squares or diamond marks ,I have no info on these.the original floorplates was a reworked and customized Wertmacht made into a hinged style as was the trigger guard mag.the bolt was sporterized ,nicely,all the work was well done and I eventually found it,bought it and put it all together into a Sporter / long range rifle,which is actually a very capable 30/06, however I began attempting to trace the various histories of the parts out of curiosity,and thought to come here for help.meager clues ,I know but interesting.
    The story continues to build,as there were inadequacies in the trigger guard due to just too much reworking over the years I recently had to( last night) fit a new trigger guard to it which appears to be Ww2 but no waffenampts only a serial number is evident,so far.it does have capture screws ,if that helps,the story continues,heh?
    If anyone can add to my knowledge on these marks please chime in,the bolt seems to have the remnant of a mark but could just be a handling mark well rubbed out ,it's not in a area normally stamped.
    I am sure this may be just a Mish mash of parts to some but like a group of people each has a story,and as I have heard here before if they could speak ,I would have a whole book!
    This rifle upholds the name proudly as it is capable with handloads of 10 rounds in well under moa,my last group the other day was 6 shots in .560.

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X