Need help with SA Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with SA Dagger

Hi folks. I am a noobie when it comes to daggers. So i hope you like this SA Dagger. The seller is asking 600 Euro. Thanks in advance for your help!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

The price is too high considering the relatively poor condition IMO. I would pass and look for an example in better condition.

Comment

Originally posted by fredswiss View Post
      The price is too high considering the relatively poor condition IMO. I would pass and look for an example in better condition.
      Thanks a lot for your fast help.

Comment

Yep, too much for this piece. The blade is in poor condition. And the cross guard around the tang mit has scratches. Most collectors don’t like this. Save your money for a good one.

Comment

An early original dagger that's just tired looking. Some guys like them this way but that price is too high for a dagger in this condition.

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
            Yep, too much for this piece. The blade is in poor condition. And the cross guard around the tang mit has scratches. Most collectors don’t like this. Save your money for a good one.
            You all saved my money. Excellent and fast support in this forum. Highly recommended.

Comment

Like others said hell no! The blade is everything with edged weapons. If 600 is within your budget look on the estand as iv been seeing plenty of decent deals. Or even dealer sites at that range. Just avoid new members with no posts from Eastern Europe...

Comment

I'll echo all of the other responses here! You should be able to do considerably better with €600.00 than this piece, and always keep in mind that one day -- however far in the future it is -- but one day you'll be looking to sell this piece (either you or those who inherit your collections) and condition does NOT improve over time!

Warmest regards,

Br. James

Comment

This SA shows the early Eickhorn trademark. It also shows that this dagger is a Rohm presentation piece (now ground, Note tail of 'm' in Rohm).

To some guys it's not a bad price, due to what it is.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

While I understand the point which is a legitimate one, when I was a beginning collector - an advanced collector friend of mine took me aside to pound "condition", "condition", "condition" into my consciousness. A MAX Charter Member and speaker, his argument was that if all anyone (as a purchaser or for trade) could find fault with is the price it could save a lot of headaches later on. Also arguing that rarity lacking condition will only take you so far - because the more advanced collectors probably already have better condition specimens and are not going to look twice at a poor condition example. FP

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
                        While I understand the point which is a legitimate one, when I was a beginning collector - an advanced collector friend of mine took me aside to pound "condition", "condition", "condition" into my consciousness. A MAX Charter Member and speaker, his argument was that if all anyone (as a purchaser or for trade) could find fault with is the price it could save a lot of headaches later on. Also arguing that rarity lacking condition will only take you so far - because the more advanced collectors probably already have better condition specimens and are not going to look twice at a poor condition example. FP
                        True words!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
                          ..., when I was a beginning collector - an advanced collector friend of mine took me aside to pound "condition", "condition", "condition" into my consciousness. ...

Exactly! I couldn’t agree more.

When you buy property, it’s “location, location, location”.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X