EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is this dagger? what is average marketing price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this dagger? what is average marketing price?

thank you!
    Attached Files

For fantasy reenactment?

Comment

These things have a value all of their own as a sidebar to TR dagger collecting. I've collected replicas for the last 30 years and that would fit into my collection quite nicely.

Comment

both you mean, its a fake and no this kind of dagger in TR?

Comment

Its been widely known these were postwar produced...No official verification of wartime manufacture

Comment

I am shocked at some of the comments on this site. While there are certainly reproductions of this rare model dagger, they are known to exist. Early presentations, before the standard SA Dagger, photographs of this dagger are known to have been in the Eickhorn company files and I have examined one in the hands of a German family who's next door neighbor in Solingen was awarded one for early party contributions and it still has the original chain hanger (unknown on any of the other originals and unique to this model).
            So go on and disseminate your useless misinformation concerning things you don't know or understand. Holding one of the originals in hand will solve all the nay sayers doubts

Comment

I have held one in my hand also..It was getting Restored as the blade was Beat...Honestly it didn't seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                I am shocked at some of the comments on this site. While there are certainly reproductions of this rare model dagger, they are known to exist. Early presentations, before the standard SA Dagger, photographs of this dagger are known to have been in the Eickhorn company files and I have examined one in the hands of a German family who's next door neighbor in Solingen was awarded one for early party contributions and it still has the original chain hanger (unknown on any of the other originals and unique to this model).
                So go on and disseminate your useless misinformation concerning things you don't know or understand. Holding one of the originals in hand will solve all the nay sayers doubts
                A bit harsh there Ron. Have YOU any photo's of these in wear or being presented? I know that you handle many, many more daggers than most here but still the consensus of anything I've read would put them squarely in the repro/fantasy bracket.

Comment

Is there any technical evidence like pictures or something like that?

Then please put it a little bit in a context to the SS dagger he presented

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=885454

and the fact or maybe I`m wrong of the presentation here
                  1.) looks to me like a picture of a picture
                  2.) If he might have one of the most rare and highend dagger ever produced in 3rd Reich the presentation is a little bit lets say easy.
                  3.) I assume this highend pieces (if existing) does not go arround by coincidence or where found by coincidence, somebody would have heard about the purchase.

Comment

Here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/Foru...d.php?t=529256 is a long discussion about the Birds Head SA dagger which was being sold by Mr Gottlieb. Unfortunately the glitch we are experiencing in re photo's means that there are no illustrations. However this page https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SA...ruiOfdOPlKM%3A shows the dagger.

Comment

And another chat about them.
                      [http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=534661

Comment

Thanks very much for this last link, Lampwick -- it made me aware of the death of Sterling "Chip" Gambino, a coin and militaria dealer I had known and purchased from back in the 1990s, or perhaps earlier. Chip had a storefront in White Plains NY and I regularly visited that shop, almost weekly, for some years. He also was a regular dealer at the Stamp and Coin Shows at the Westchester County Center in White Plains. Chip was always friendly and quite knowledgeable, and very willing to chat at length...which is something I greatly respect in our hobby!

I'm sorry to interject this comment into this thread, but I was shocked to read that Chip had died, and want to express my sadness at the loss of a respected fellow collector and student of our hobby. This is a loss to us all. May he rest in peace...

Br. James

Comment

Well Ron. I've just spent 2 hours reading the 34 pages of the last attempt to justify this dagger. It would appear that you backed the wrong horse so, now, you have no alternative but to slag off those who dismiss this piece as a repro. You even seemed to to have quoted word for word the argument you gave about the 'in hand' blah-blah that was in the original thread. It's a pity that TexasGauleiter's (TxGauleiter) suggestion that the piece be put to a vote wasn't acted upon. I'm sure that 80% of members here would have given it the thumbs down.

Comment

One of Atwood's fantasy daggers that was also later recreated by others, for which Atwood went to the effort to have created by him or at his direction fake postwar "factory documentation" to back it up. EOD.

PS: I still have my documentation for this dagger (and a few others) if anyone wants to dispute the outcome of some earlier discussions here on WAF and elsewhere. FP

Comment

My source is the German family, not any dealer/collector or files. You all can believe what you like and as far as I am concerned I KNOW my source period.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X