Opinions on SS DAGGER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on SS DAGGER

Hey guys, I have many doubts about the originality of this dagger, I would like to know your appreciated opinions. Thank you for advance

Last edited by victorbaule; 11-02-2016, 06:17 AM.

It looks like a good piece to me, with age and storage conditions, of course, though nothing critical. What are your concerns?

Br. James

Comment

I don't like the shape or fit of the grip

Comment

I never like seeing plier marks on a pommel nut. That means it has been taken apart at some point, and crudely at that.

Comment

Handle looks odd. (fitting with crossguards, and eagle fittings)

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

The "handle curve fitting" to the lower crossguard is much higher on the left side than the right side.

Comment

Maker Mark

My apologies for the novice question here, but is the absence of SS sig runes on the makers mark a concern here?

Mat J

Comment

Originally posted by Mat J View Post
                My apologies for the novice question here, but is the absence of SS sig runes on the makers mark a concern here?

Mat J
                No, not at all. There were with them and without him.
                Btw, there are no stupid questions... only stupid answers.

Comment

Interesting discussion ....

Comment

Hi Victorbaule -- again I ask: "What are your concerns" about this piece?

Thanks,

Br. James

Comment

Hi, Br. James. IMO don`t like the fitting off the croosguard whith the grip.

Thanks

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                      Hi Victorbaule -- again I ask: "What are your concerns" about this piece?

Thanks,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks, Victorbaule; I see your point -- the grip does not appear to be finished to accommodate both the upper and the lower crossguards, which overhang the crossguard fittings. This is a late-model SS dagger and pieces like this one were not subjected to the same rigorous demands as were the original pieces and even the double-marked pieces. That is just my opinion, and others here may disagree.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks, I think that is a very appreciate and interesting opinion...

Thanks, Victorbaule; I see your point -- the grip does not appear to be finished to accommodate both the upper and the lower crossguards, which overhang the crossguard fittings. This is a late-model SS dagger and pieces like this one were not subjected to the same rigorous demands as were the original pieces and even the double-marked pieces. That is just my opinion, and others here may disagree.

Br. James

Comment

Br. James
                            I agree.
                            We see from time to time less quality on RZM daggers then on early makermarked ones.
                            Less good quality in materials, details and fittings.
                            For that reason they are less collectible and desirable altough
                            original. And offcourse they have their place in history as well.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X