Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new find yesterday an ss dagger!

hello
    my new ss dagger no perfect but scarce maker! with ss number!
    best regards
    patrick
    Attached Files

ss dagger

hello
    other views
    regards
    pat
    Attached Files

Comment

I like what I see. Indeed a rare maker. Nice catch and hopefully that number is going to be a match some day.

Comment

Good scarce maker to find 'Gembruch'. All looks original to me.

Comment

hello wags and krikke
          thank for your opinions! yes i have see in 35 years only 2 in my hands!
          best regards
          patrick

Comment

I agree: a fine looking piece! Sorry to say that SS Membership #70006 is not listed in "The Key," which means that the original recipient of this dagger was not an officer and remained in the enlisted ranks.

Anyone happen to know what the other number under the crossguard represents -- it's either a 6 or a 9?

The condition of this piece is excellent, including the scabbard, though the blade appears to have been extensively polished, thus removing the motto highlighting.

Br. James

Comment

Wow! Agree with others, rare maker and first one I've seen. That number looks like a 9 and appears to be part of the serial number. very Nice

Comment

More real there is 2 with not good stamped lower part , possible 270006, 9 would be similar to 6 but upside down.b.r.Andy

Comment

Thanks Jeff and AndyB. Sorry to say that there is no listing in "The Key" for SS #270006, and the highest number listed in that volume is #729370.

That 6 or 9 does not look like part of the membership number stamped to the underside of the lower crossguard, at least to me; I wonder whether that number could be a benchmark of some sort?

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X