GO dagger opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GO dagger opinions

I recently looked at a GO dagger and wanted some opinions. Looks wrong to me. The color of the mother of pearl is off and it has a WKC blade. Not sure about the rest. Any opinions would be appreciated. I have included a link below to some pics.

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Jsd...bile%20Uploads
    Last edited by jsd1318; 09-11-2016, 06:12 PM.

Meant to mention that the top cap was scratched near the holes for the spanner wrench, so it has been apart. Also the maker mark was behind the cross guard, so the blade was on backwards. That's why there is no pic of it.

Comment

Your initial thoughts about it are correct, avoid it.

I have seen maybe 2 or 3 WKC Gov't Official daggers that had a shot of being period so I wouldn't necessarily rule a specific dagger out on maker alone.

Comment

There are records that show that WKC purchased GO/Diplo dagger parts from Alcoso. This would obviously imply that the parts were assembled for sale. However, this dagger appears to be a fake - the imitation MOP does not show the distinct pattern of the original. The original grip plates were glued to a wood base core, but the ones shown here look like a solid piece of faux MOP that I have observed in other postwar GOs.

Comment

100% fake. Appears to be one of the early fake GO daggers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X