• Show
Clear All

Army dagger for review

Hello guys
    I need please your opinion on this dagger
    thanks a lot, best regards.

Textbook WKC with pleasing patina

Comment

I like it also. The hangers are also an interesting variant.

Comment

Untouched a pleasure to behold.

Comment

Nice complete WKC Heer portapee, hangers and all!

Comment

Standard 3. type WKC Heer dagger.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Dear Schlange, when you say type 3, are you referring to the cross gaurd? I'm all done "hopefully" collecting heer daggers. I have 4 Eickhorns with all the different maker marks. I will in time hopefully aquire a red "crimson" handled army dagger by Eickhorn some day. (Please be on the lookout for me!!) The reason for my question is that I'm trying to learn my cross gaurds to differenciate original from parts daggers. Its difficult on account of the knot, but it appears this cross gaurd on this beauty has 4 wing sections that I believe we see on the type 4 WKC heer cross gaurds (type 3 has 5) and the beak looks like a little too square. I use the wardaggers.com site as a reference. Again just a question, from past posts by you, seems you really know your stuff, so again by type 3 is that a reference to cross gaurd or does the scabbard come into play as well? For I do know Eickhorn scabbard screws were produced in different locations depending on time of production. Thanks in advance, Mat
              PS, or do I need to purchase a reference book?

Comment

Originally posted by Mat J View Post
                Dear Schlange, when you say type 3, are you referring to the cross gaurd? I'm all done "hopefully" collecting heer daggers. I have 4 Eickhorns with all the different maker marks. I will in time hopefully aquire a red "crimson" handled army dagger by Eickhorn some day. (Please be on the lookout for me!!) The reason for my question is that I'm trying to learn my cross gaurds to differenciate original from parts daggers. Its difficult on account of the knot, but it appears this cross gaurd on this beauty has 4 wing sections that I believe we see on the type 4 WKC heer cross gaurds (type 3 has 5) and the beak looks like a little too square. I use the wardaggers.com site as a reference. Again just a question, from past posts by you, seems you really know your stuff, so again by type 3 is that a reference to cross gaurd or does the scabbard come into play as well? For I do know Eickhorn scabbard screws were produced in different locations depending on time of production. Thanks in advance, Mat
                PS, or do I need to purchase a reference book?
                I also call it a type 3 although WKC has 4 crossguards a new WKC guard was discovered not to long ago which some collectors call the 1.5 dubbed so by the heer collector that discovered it. Bit confusing yes but seasoned heer collectors can go by either 1.5 or 2 for this guard so in turn the crossguard shown in this thread would be either a 3 or 4 respectively also known as the tomahawk head
                Last edited by WW2-Collector; 01-07-2015, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X