Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SS book will soon be available in English

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    I have two of these books - the SA/NSKK and the SS copies. If you can find a copy of any of these volumes, I would recommend them as additional reference - equating them of equal value to most all other books available on the aforementioned subjects. In addition, the books by Ernst J. Niederhofer offer some valuable insight, where others may be lacking. Myself, I am not so certain of this dagger - but will remain on the fence for further discussion that lends better evidence.

Comment

Hi Alex,
      a few more close ups would be fine!
      Where does it come from? I don't know the background of this dagger,but what makes it sure that it belongs to Rudi Wetzel ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ostmaerker View Post
        Type A ist the early one (36) and Type C is the last one (till 43)

Ostmaerker
        According to Siegert??

Comment

Originally posted by zozole View Post
          The SS book will soon be available in English
          I don't mind having them in german but htey are so expensive and hard to find!!!!

Anywhere we can preorder the english print?

Comment

Originally posted by Rheingold View Post
            According to Siegert??
            Well, as I mentioned, this was written and done by Sven Georgi in one book of Ralph Siegert.

Ostmaerker

Comment

Well, as I mentioned, this was written and done by Sven Georgi in one book of Ralph Siegert.

Ostmaerker
              I've seen this chapter about the chains,very impressive! The only important part of this picture book.

Comment

Hi,
                i bought this dagger from a very good friend in Berlin
                and it was his holy grail. He had pictures of Rudi Wetzel and so on
                papers... And he need Money. So first he sold the pictures
                and so on to an english man. And know he sold me his holy
                grail. I know this dagger a long time and the other things also
                but poorly i got only the dagger....
                Regards Alex
                Sorry my english is incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
                  I don't mind having them in german but htey are so expensive and hard to find!!!!

Anywhere we can preorder the english print?
                  Jed why do you need books? You already know it all.No new pictures of rhe dagger.It must be because of the 4th of July celebration in Germany.Are you allowed to watch the history channel or will that get you in trouble also.Stay in touch with me as you always do.We can learn important lessons from each other I am sure of that.

Comment

Is Rudi Wetzel an important Person?
                    He just told me that he died in Kursk and was a member in
                    Peipers Union. But the price was normal and it was just his Information
                    and i can remember that i have seen some papers years ago...
                    Regards Alex

Comment

Originally posted by eiger View Post
                      Hi,
                      Regards Alex
                      You do not seem to have problems taking pictutes of other daggers you have had for sale.That isquite the documentation on the dagger ( pictures you no longer have).l think you got more than just the dagger.

Comment

Hi Dr Dolch,
                        Some people have other things to do.
                        I am fresh divorced and changing my Apartment and in the
                        moment i have got only my iphone.
                        In a few days i will sent pics! Okay
                        Regards

Comment

If the dagger did belong to Rudi, its a shame the group was split up, although with ntohing to establish provenance on the dagger, its purported owner will be a mere story sadly.

Comment

In the US, you name them "Type I" and "Type II". Mr Siegert and Mr Georgi (he wrote the chapter about the chains) had another view on the different kind of metals that were used, so it was decided to name them in a more specific way:

So we have the "Type A" chain: Neusilber, with closed Wotanknot, The bonehead with nasal septum and the beginning of the chain is slant and wide.

The the "Type B1":Neusilber, with closed Wotanknot, the bonehead without nasal septum, the beginning of the chain is slant.

Then "Type B2": Iron, closed Wotanknot, bonehead without nasal septum, the beginning of the chain is slant.

And finally "Type C": Iron, open Wotanknot, bonehaed without nasal septum, and beginning of the chain is strait.

Type A ist the early one (36) and Type C is the last one (till 43)

Although I personally do not agree with the timing of the “Type C” (or in the U.S. the so-called “Type I”) for the reasons I stated and some others. The good news for me would be that the book identifies the four distinct manufacturing series of chain sets which was previously lacking in books for collectors.

And while it has no direct bearing on this book. In correspondence with some of the contributors (or ghost writers) of portions of Tom Wittmann’s book after it was published, one gentlemen IMO was and is very knowledgeable and could support his conclusions. While another individual made some bad guesses which got published, which he later privately acknowledged as mistakes when shown the facts of the matter. FP

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
                              Although I personally do not agree with the timing of the “Type C” (or in the U.S. the so-called “Type I”) for the reasons I stated and some others. The good news for me would be that the book identifies the four distinct manufacturing series of chain sets which was previously lacking in books for collectors.

And while it has no direct bearing on this book. In correspondence with some of the contributors (or ghost writers) of portions of Tom Wittmann’s book after it was published, one gentlemen IMO was and is very knowledgeable and could support his conclusions. While another individual made some bad guesses which got published, which he later privately acknowledged as mistakes when shown the facts of the matter. FP
                              Looking over collecting literature from the last 50+ years, there are lots of revisions, new beliefs and re-writes. Hopefully this continues-just like all historical research and writings-our understanding of the past continuesto evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by eiger View Post
                                Hi,
                                Regards Alex
                                No need to apologize, i understand you
                                But without these pics & papers,it's "just" a chained dagger and hard to sell as a "personalized" dagger.
                                If you ever decide to sell it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X