HJ knife question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ knife question?

I posted this knife on stand and I now cannot find it!.....If there is a problem with this knife , I would appreciate any comments or opinions....has my post been removed?, or am I just blind?.....Thank You, Frank Davis.
    Attached Files

one more photo reverside side

This is the other side of the knife......again, Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

z

Don't see any reason for removal
      Newton

Comment

Frank.

Looks a good honest well used & worn hj knife

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

HJ knife

OK, Thanks for the input.....It got me wondering when I received no response at all to my stand post for sale at 275.00.....That is what I paid for it, was that a mistake?....These knives look to go for much higher prices from my research...Is there something I am missing?, Is this an undesirable maker? (Ritter)....Thanks for any insight. Frank D

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Davis View Post
            OK, Thanks for the input.....It got me wondering when I received no response at all to my stand post for sale at 275.00.....That is what I paid for it, was that a mistake?....These knives look to go for much higher prices from my research...Is there something I am missing?, Is this an undesirable maker? (Ritter)....Thanks for any insight. Frank D
            Hi Frank,

As I'm sure you know the value of any edged weapon is in the blade and the one you show is salty. Each of us would perhaps value it differently in accordance with our collecting goals but to me that's a $100 USD piece, at most, and likely to appeal to a youngster with limited income starting out in the hobby. A more seasoned collector with established income would be inclined to pay more for a better example.

Regards,
            Stu

Comment

wow....I collect knives, so I do know the condition, including the blade, has everything to do with the value......my blade is "salty"?...it is still in it's original conformation and shows no over- sharpening distress and is well maker-marked!......yes , it does have some patina, but in the knife world I live in, that is a good thing.

Please understand that I am not an expert in German military edged weapons, but this knife is entirely intact as far as grips, HJ logo, guard and blade....plating (if there was any) is suffering, but the sheath is intact as well as the leather strap, etc...with none (or, at best, very little) damage.

Maybe I did make a mis-calculation when I originally purchased this knife at 275.00, but to simply state that the condition (or non-condition) of the blade on my knife dictates a 100 dollar value!.... come on, tell me something like the maker is not desirable or some other pertinent detail ....Or maybe that the folks on this site just aren't looking for another HJ knife....I would understand that!

Nonetheless, Thank you for your response and opinion, let's hear from some other members......Respectfully, Frank Davis.

Comment

Frank,

I would value your hj knife at $200 - $250 max

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

HJ opinion

Thank You Mac.....for an honest (and more realistic) opinion.

I am more than discouraged with this hobby currently, and am seriously considering the liquidation of my entire collection.

For all the constructive help that I have received from a few outstanding members is greatly appreciated and they have my utmost respect.

I will hold my opinion to myself on the rest..................Frank

Comment

HJ Knife

Frank,
                    I know how you feel, I kept mainly my edged weapons after my recent divorce as I believed they were the most valuable items. Well they have gone down in value, all of them some more than others. Daggers I paid $1000 for now barely worth $500. Sure I was upset but now upon reflection I do not care. I did not buy them to make money luckily but rather to enjoy. I just wish I had some money to purchase now prices more realistic. I have also noticed quality more than ever matters when time to sell. I would not pay more than $200 for an average HJ knife but an above average with motto maybe $500-$700.
                    cheers Robert

Comment

Robert....lesson learned on my part...Thank you for your input....Frank Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Davis View Post
                        Robert....lesson learned on my part...Thank you for your input....Frank Davis
                        Frank......... Robert has given you good advice. I would add to that, do not get discouraged by your set back here and to take a long view when collecting. Have patience, wait until you can buy quality at a cost you are comfortable with - enjoy having your collection build slowly.
                        The attached HJ was a $50 premium priced dagger, back in the day. Quality will always just keep going.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Barry,

Wow your early Asso trademarked Hj knife is a top quality beauty

Quality over Quantity !

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

Barry, I am humbled.......If I'd have seen a knife as high quality as your's for sale, I would have passed it up as a reproduction.....lot to learn. Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X