Eickhorn SA Dagger. take a look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eickhorn SA Dagger. take a look.

Hi Guys, got a chance of buying this one not to expensive, you think it's good ? and what do you think is it worth, the dagger is in not all that good condition.
    Kr. Den
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

turned the eagle a bit
            Attached Files

Comment

Are the crossguards plated or nickle silver - a bit hard to tell from the pics., however they are more likely to be plated.

I wouldn't spend more than $200US to get a dagger like this due to the condition of the blade. It may clean up a bit howver most of those marks look like they are there for good.

How much is the owner asking?

Comment

Hi Peter, don't know if the crossguards are plated or nickle silver, indeed hard to tell, but the owner has no idea what i'm talking about so these pics are all I have, he has a bid of 200 euro, I think it's worth that much.

Kr. Den

Comment

I had a better look at the crossguard pics. & they do look to be plated.

If you could pick this up for 200 euro that would be okay, however I would be careful about spending any more.

Comment

Den, if I may, I have learned that quality & condition is important. This one, in my opinion, is in pretty bad shape. Not only that, it's also a late period and plated.

SA daggers are common. The earlier ones are getting scarce but you can still find a nice early one for 500 - 600 euros.

200 euros is not worth it for this piece. Save your money for an early, quality dagger that you can be proud of.

Comment

SA dagger!

Den

I would pass on this dagger also!

Save your money and buy a nice one!

PaulV

Comment

Paul & Wizard,

Thanks for "breaking the ice" for me. My advice would be to pass as well, but sometimes I feel the need to be careful about steering someone away from a poor-conditioned piece. I started collecting long enough ago (1970) that the really choice conditioned pieces were still readily available and I may come across as a bit jaded, so it was good to see some others of like mind.

Den - I honestly don't think you would be happy with a piece in such rough condition for long. When you did decide ti upgrade, you would have a difficult time selling this dagger. If your collecting budget permits, hold out for a better one.

Best,
                        Skip

Comment

Thanks all for your advice, one thing I've learned since I became a member of this forum is to listen to other members advice, and that is exactly what I will do, I will pass on it and save my money for another one.

Best wishes. Den

Comment

My first dagger was a well-used Army with beat up hangers. I lost interest in it within 6 months as I discovered quality in daggers is worth the extra price. I have said it before and say it again. Crap daggers will always bring crap prices. No one said it, but water spots on an SA blade is the kiss of death to sell to a serious collector.
                            Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X