H E L P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H E L P

Thank God this is the dagger forum that welcomes questions. I need some help because I am clueless on daggers. A dear friend of mine, a gun collector, called me and said he had 4 German daggers, vet pick ups, he wanted to sell for a friend. The vet it seems was taken to an old folks home and not expected to live much longer. The old guy had these 4 daggers. He told my friend to get $350 a piece for them. I looked at them and instantly thought they were legit. I have to get a check to my friend by Monday. It's Friday night.

Here they are. Sorry for the quick photos, no time to make them look cute so here goes rapid fire dagger photos. PLEASE give your comments to me as a friend and fellow collector.
    Last edited by mott5ranch; 05-25-2009, 02:02 PM.

All are tight fitting pieces.
    Here is a close up of the luft.
    Last edited by mott5ranch; 05-25-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Sh^t! My damn battery just crapped out! I'll post more close ups ASAP.,

Comment

Gary,

Keep the photos coming, but so far, so good with respect to originality. The 1st Model Luftwaffe looks like it has seen better days. I'll withold judgement on the pricing 'til I've seen the rest. If we assume all are in at least very good condition and the SA and NSKK (the one with the black scabbard) are maker marked - not RZM marked, Johnson's Volume VII lays them out like this:
        • SA.........................................$400.00
        • NSKK......................................$500.00
        • Army with hangers and knot........$450.00
        • 1st Model Luftwaffe...................$450.00
        I'll reply again when you get the other photos up.

Best,
        Skip

Comment

Thanks Skip!

I tried to rush my battery charger, but it wasn't very cooperative. You told me to get the text you mentioned above and I said something like "Why, when I have you and Larry!" Now, I wished I had it. The maker marks are not like the Eichorn Squirrel I've seen in your collection and at shows. . . but they do remind me some other maker marks in your collection. Damn, there was so much to see at your house that I could'nt take it all in, but if my old memory serves me right you had some of these maker marked daggers.

I'll post the picture as soon as I get the green light on the charger.

By the way, how have you been? Erik wants to know if you still have the cool dog. After the kid saw your awesome collection all he asks about is the dog. I am a little embarrased, but he is 10 years old. What can I say . .
          Last edited by mott5ranch; 09-11-2004, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Tell Erik that MAX says "hi!" (actually, he just barks, but I'm pretty sure that's what he means)

I'll be back when you post the dagger photos

Skip
            Attached Files

Comment

Finally I
              Last edited by mott5ranch; 05-25-2009, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Here is a close up of the SA. Let me know if anyone wants a certian shot.

SA dagger photo 2
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is maker mark . . . Does anyone know anything about this maker?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is the NSKK photos.
                    Last edited by mott5ranch; 05-25-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

another
                      Last edited by mott5ranch; 05-25-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

the marks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Gary,

My advice would be to save your money.

I would rather have an extra $1,400.00 at the MAX Show than these dagers. From the photos, it appears that the 1st Luftwaffe and the SA are in pretty rough condition...I doubt you'd be happy with them long-term, if ever.

I'd pass

Sorry!
                          Skip

Comment

I'd pick & choose - I'd do the LW 1st pattern in UK for that price - a couple of hundred squid. Buy it, & sell it to me for a few dollars profit please.

Comment

Leigh,
                              I tried to PM you but your box is full.

Here is my message to you.

Hello Leigh,
                              If you really want me to, I'll buy the 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger for you. The seller wants $350, let me add $50 and my conversion math came up to 232 pound sterling.
                              I don't know what the freight would be but I'd ship it any way you suggest.
                              Let me know and I'll do this quickly.
                              Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X