Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Dagger?

Hi,

I recently picked up this dagger from my Uncle who has asked me to sell it for him. He brought this home from the war along with some other things I will be posting on the forum. The dagger is a standard SA with the black scabbard so I am assuming it is NSKK. The crossguard and scabbard fittings appear to be nickle silver so I am assuming it is an earlier piece.

My questions:

Should this have an enamelled scabbard or an anodized one? (I am not that familiar with early NSKK daggers)

The maker is somewhat rare? Does that influence price alot?

What district does the F on the crossguard stand for?

And lastly I told my Uncle this would be worth about $500? Is this a good estimate for an unusual maker?

Gary B
    Last edited by Gary B; 09-06-2004, 07:35 PM.
    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Crossguard

Comment

Scabbard

Comment

Top Crossguard

Comment

Maker mark

Comment

Gary,

Nice dagger! It is indeed an early NSKK service dagger by one of the more uncommon makers. My best guess is that the "F" on the crossguard is for NSKK Motor Group Franken, although it is normally indicated as "Fr". Either scabbard finish - anodized or enameled - would be okay here.

The maker mark has some influence on the value, but the dagger's very nice condition will likely be of more interest to the prospective purchaser.

I honestly think $500.00 is a little low for the condition/maker mark combination you have here. You might think more in terms of $650.00 - $700.00 but, if I were you, I would think twice about letting this one get away if you can work out something with your uncle.

Best,
            Skip

Comment

Dear Skip,

Thanks for the information on the dagger. I guess I will have to decide what to do with it.

Gary B

Comment

Very nice indeed !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X