My first HJ !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first HJ !

Here's my first HJ, I found it on ebay for 150 USD. Gräwiso maker, Im guessing its 1937 or earlier. Ive always wanted one of these and finnaly found a decent one. Blade looks a lot better in person as the scanner picks up ever tiny imperfection. Does anyone know what the stamp on the scabbard is? Is that a maker mark? Thanks All

Hi their Erik. if you check this tread out, you will find some helpful infohttp://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?p=395549

you have a original hj! no problem with case thats original, and bluts und honour on the blade of the hj dagger. I have to say this knife has sure been on a lot of hiking trips!!!

Cheers

Jon.

Comment

Nice original pickup.

Comment

Very nice. I love the ones that show good honest wear. JasonS

Comment

Not a commonly encountered maker, very nice find.

Comment

Great Knife. What does the stamping on the leather say in the inset? I can't make it out.

"L (something) S" ??

The whole scabbard and leather is great!

Jeff

Comment

May I ask what these daggers go for. Also what does the writting down the front of the blade say, is it the same as the SS daggers?.

Comment

Hi Trent, the motto on the blade is that of the Hitler Youth "Blood and Honour" or "Blut und Ehre" in German. Later production knives did not have the motto.

I have no idea on prices nowadays, but they certainly go for several hundred dollars. I paid £16 for mine many, many years ago!

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X