Need Help With Sword Scabbard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help With Sword Scabbard

I JUST PICKED UP A NICE IMPERIAL SWORD WITH SCABBARD, TOOK THE BLADE OUT A FEW TIMES, WENT BACK IN WITH NO DIFFICULTY, BUT THEN IT WOULD ONLY GO HALF WAY IN AND WOULD STOP, I THINK THE RUNNERS CAME LOOSE OR SOMETHING, ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO REMOVE THEM? greg

Greg,

I'll take a stab (pun fully intended!) at this, although without seeing the scabbard my advice is a best guess. There should be screw(s) securing the scabbard throat. Carefully (and I mean very carefully) remove the screws and gently remove the throat. You will find that the runners are either:
    • attached to the throat with rivets, or
    • are simply thin pieces of wood
    My guess, given the problem you are expeiencing is that the scabbard is fitted with the latter and that one has simply borken or otherwise become lodged in the scabbard in such a manner as to prevent the blade from going all the way into the scabbard. If this is indeed the case, you should be able to re-orient the runner and solve the problem.

Hope that helps,
    Skip

Hope that helps

Comment

the runners were not attached to the throat, they seem to have broken off inside the scabard, I tried poking them out, no results, greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X