Long bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long bayonet

Anyone know what this is, it' s much longer than ordinary WW2 bayonetts, 57 cm, and thinner too.

Batonetts are not my thing, but this one looks interesting, any information is highly apreciated.

Sorry for the bad pics, I hope you can identify from them, else I could try to make some better ones later.

Thanks
    Attached Files

2 more
    Attached Files

Comment

Belgian model 1916 or 1924. The 1916 has a muzzle ring diameter of 17.4mm and the 1924 has a muzzle ring of 15.4mm. The frog is german.

Jim

Comment

Thank you, the diameter of the muzzle ring is 17.4mm, give or take, so i presume I have a 1916 model :-)

If the frog is german, do you know if it was used in WW1 or WW2 ?

Sorry for my stupid question, but bayonets are not my thing, I just got this and a FB Radom bayonet from my father in law, he got them from his father, who got them during the german occopation of Denmark 1940-1945.

This bayonet is one fearsome MF, damn it's long and nasty ..

Comment

Hello,

yes the frog is german WWII.

This is the épée baïonnette modell 1916.
          A Model 1924 or 1916/24 on the base of the M1916 has never exist.

In the origin this Model has a muzzle ring diameter of 17,4 mm for the use with the belgian rifle and carabin 1889 and the carabin 1916.

Later, for the use with the shortrifle 1935 and the rifle 1889/36 Bayonet M1916 were reworked SINCE 1935 (not earlier) and became a muzzle ring of 15,5 mm

The Model 1924 of FN is a totaly differnt model, only for export, never used in belgian army.

The german used this bayonet in WWII since 1940 under the designation Seitengewehr 102 (b) until end of the war in 1945.

The belgian Modell 1916

Comment

Thanks, this is great info, so this bayonet could have been used in both worldwars. or is the 1916 only the model and not necessarily the fabrication year ??

Comment

M 1916 is only the Model.

Not the fabrication year.

Comment

OK, thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X