EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deutsches Jungvolk knife - real or fantasy?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again and again this subject returns. What's all about it, is said long ago!
    Follow the leader, no matter what or if!
    Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 02-12-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

haha very true Mr Saris, very true This really is my most favorite thread of all time and I just can't help returning to it. It has it all: vet-buy stories, motel-buy stories, mobbing, people running away after being caught waffling, people getting banned and infracted, unjustified clutching at straws, truth economy, people being protected, moderators shutting the wrong people up etc etc. It's great!

One thing that went almost uncommented but which is VERY important was the comment earlier in the thread concerning the post-war order of 600 of the small knives from a Solingen factory. I found it very strange that neither the defenders of these little knives nor the detractors picked that up and ran with it. Now, some of these old boys must know more about that little nugget don't ya think?

Comment

After going patiently over this interesting thread, I’ve decided to contribute something BEYOND RARE in such complete condition to it.
        Here is an original Bulgarian BRANNIK knife 1st type, 1941, made by Robi Klaas.
        The handle is nickel plated iron/steel compound.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Lubo; 06-15-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Why was the HJ diamond placed on the scabbard? Just a design change?

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Holmes View Post
            Why was the HJ diamond placed on the scabbard? Just a design change?
            Short answer: The purpose is/was to make substantial profits for fakers by making a generic postwar knife into a supposedly "TR" collectible. Something that started a long time ago here is an example where the scabbard was drilled though the steel shell into the liners damaging them. And to make it more "convincing" this example even had a fake reversed "RZM" stamping added to it. FP

Attached Files

Comment

If you want to buy one, read this thread in its entirety so you know both sides. If you want to sell one, I am a buyer since people will pay well for them and many people do believe they are original as I do.
              Bob
              www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X