Say hello to my little friend!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say hello to my little friend!!!!

This is my very first SA Dagger I bought it from therupturedduck.com So I will let him describe it!!!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

“Early SA Dagger – by May & Vom Hau (RARE Maker)<o></o>

<o></o>

This is a RARELY seen maker! The crossguards are the early nickel versions with crisp edges and smooth surfaces. The guards are internally marked “P.A.”. The reverse lower guard is lightly Gau-stamped “HO”. As is the norm with this Gau marking, it is marked well over to the right side of the guard and the “O” is missing due to the poor stamping job. The grip is a thing of beauty! It is a fine medium red color mahogany with a medium contour ridge construction. It shows very minor wear/age! Gorgeous! The nickel eagle is the “point-behind-the-head” variety showing minimal wear/age (Vol. 4, page 51, lower). The blade is bright and shinny reflecting nearly 100% crossgraining. There is a small amount of smudge present along one obverse and reverse edge, which does not take away from the sheer beauty of the blade! The SA motto is deep and retains 100% background burnishing. The reverse ricasso is etched with the RARELY seen logo of this marker containing “double ovals” that contain the makers name and location “Solingen-Ohligs”. Inside there is a large “M” initial stacked over a “V” and an “H”. The “V” initial is contained within the upper portion of the “H”. The scabbard shell is straight throughout with the exception of a few very tiny dimples on the reverse side that are hardly noticeable! The brown anodizing and original factory lacquer grades at least 95%! The nickel scabbard fittings are bright and shinny, matching the look of the hilt. The lower fitting has a few very minor hits to the obverse and reverse side. The four-domehead screws are intact and appear unturned. The pictures won’t do this piece justice! A MUST for the serious SA collector! Museum Quality! Near Mint. “
    Attached Files

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic5
          Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic dagger . Beware-They are habit forming.

JasonS

Comment

Very nice dagger!! And you can't go wrong buying from Bill.He's one of the best!
              Tom Nowling

Comment

Sa

Very nice indeed!

They are very addicting!

PaulV

Comment

Thanks guys. It gets nicer every time I look at it.

Comment

Superb!!!

Otto

Originally posted by anythingww2
                    Thanks guys. It gets nicer every time I look at it.

Comment

Beauty! Congrats
                      www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Yummy yummy yumm dagger..

Comment

Wonderful , superb , excellent, and more...........

Comment

Thanks guys heres the display I made!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Okay, here is my shipping address so you can send me that nice display now.......

Ha. A real beauty. And from one of the top names in the business.
                              Brian Dentino

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII GLIDER INFO/ITEMS...ESPECIALLY 325TH GIR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X