ww2 german boot knife ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ww2 german boot knife ?????

dad and i were looking at some knife my grandpa had , dad pulled this one out ,

iam pritty sure its a german boot knife , but iam 99.9% sure grandpa put these brass rivets in the handle

there are no marking on the blade ,

what are the forums opinions

thanx for looking

ben
    Attached Files

more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

last 2
      thanx for checking this out for me
      Attached Files

Comment

Possibly original, but with replaced rivets and possibly handle slabs. Well used and sharpened. Better photos would help.
        Ralph.

Comment

Maybe it was blued at the time the brass rivets were put in(?). WWI knives weren't blued, although you'll find the crossgaurd and hilt painted black sometimes.

Comment

I should add WWII era knives weren't blued either. This style is more reminiscent of WWI knives, but they were used in WWII too.

Comment

The knife is definately a German WWI item, maybe made by Demag.

The grip plates are replaced, also the crossguard IMO is not the original one.

This pattern knives were Army issued and should marked with an acceptance mark, (upon of one side of the blade, upon of one of the grip plates, or, upon the tang).
              Last edited by Reibert-Austria; 02-19-2012, 03:55 AM.

Comment

I agree with the learned Gent post #7 except may I suggest the knife is circa 1916 Clemen.
                It would of had a regular belt loop sheath. Some W1 assault/raid troops did favour strapping knives to the outside of the boot but would receive a rough time if taken prisoner much as being caught with a sawback.
                I believe the Gents grandfather probably worked on the piece even adding the bluing. He did a nice job, a friend of mine did same on his gig knife, even using the same style rivets!

Regards
                Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                  I agree with the learned Gent post #7 except may I suggest the knife is circa 1916 Clemen. ...
                  That´s wrong !

The Patrouillendolch, manufactured by Clemen & Jung show´s a completely different hilt !
                  Hilts of the Clemen & Jung knives are related to the hilts of Ernst Busch knives.

The reason why I´m thinking we´re talking about a Demag is the "angled" blade as compared to the tang.

There:
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=Clemen
                  You can see a Patrouillendolch, made by Clemen&Jung
                  Last edited by Reibert-Austria; 02-26-2012, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reibert-Austria View Post
                    That´s wrong !

The Patrouillendolch, manufactured by Clemen & Jung show´s a completely different hilt !
                    Hilts of the Clemen & Jung knives are related to the hilts of Ernst Busch knives.

The reason why I´m thinking we´re talking about a Demag is the "angled" blade as compared to the tang.

There:
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=Clemen
                    You can see a Patrouillendolch, made by Clemen&Jung
                    Thank you for the correction.

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X