Out of the W W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of the W W

Waited for a year for this mans dad to dig this stuff out. The mans father is 93, and he and his brother were in the army in WW2. His brother who died some years back , captured these items, and gave them to his brother. He also had a full box of silverware, but gave that to his sister who died about the same time he did, and that box was never found after her death...likely stolen. I have seen them list this dagger, as transitional, but never shown , so here is one still untouched, except for a little oil on the blade .
    http://
    Last edited by juoneen; 12-04-2011, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Comment

the hanger is black, but appears brown in the photos

Comment

Very nice dagger with correct full double oval circle trademark for a Henckels 15/38 SS.

Comment

heres more of the slvrwre/order as follows: Fork, Knife, Spoon

Last edited by juoneen; 12-05-2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

spoon

Last edited by juoneen; 12-05-2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

same

Last edited by juoneen; 12-05-2011, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

knife is approx:12/32 thick on handle w/ raised eagle and lettering

Last edited by juoneen; 12-05-2011, 12:35 AM.

Comment

could AH have actually used these? I say its a definite possibility.

Last edited by juoneen; 12-05-2011, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Comment

I figured i'd post this dagger for future reference , as everyone has it on the ss daggers list, but so far I haven't see one posted for future reference for those who will in the future be looking for one to compare with. The guards are plated, and not nickled, and so signs of age one cannot , and should not clean when like this, although the brother may have messed with it a little, but was filthy when found. As is the silver, and shall remain so.
                              Once many years ago I met a man who claimed he worked in the factory that made hitlers silverware, and claimed they had a special finish they had that was secret, and gave it a sort of golden hue...but you never know, the guy may have been just another BS'er, but if i recall he was met through a friend , and lived in Las Vegas, although why he would lie, i wouldnt care to guess.
                              I understand this dagger is a mid range issue, but seems they are encountered less frequently ,and the soldiers history will be sent to me notarized soon, and he was a combat engineer. Once i have his unit to research i can just about say where he found the silverware, as i follow his unit in battle.
                              His combat history against the ss , left him an alcoholic after the war, to try and forget the experiences he had, at least that's what his brother who is still living said. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to add these , and he was a wonderful person, but served in the AAC in a bomber, where as the brother was on the ground forces, so when i find more about him, i will share that at that time if he gives me permission to do so. Some familys wish to remain anonymous, but I suspected he may have been to Bertesgaden.
                              I also like the earlier pattern fork, as they seem to not command the value as the two 50th Birthday greek trimmed pattern at this time, ( the spoon, and knife), but the pattern of the fork, seem to always seem very worn and used when encountered, so i suspect in the future as photos become available of the early patern being used, they may command more value in the future, as likely they likely were used by many of the early nazis who dined with hitler of high rank and notariety when he took power .
                              These also may be useful for reference for those in the future who come across AH silverware, and i hope they help future collectors to keep from getting taken , as they also presently fake them .
                              Last edited by juoneen; 12-05-2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X