HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions on this 120/34 SS Dagger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reibert-Austria

Here's a snippet from GermanDressDaggers.com regarding the SS 1933 daggers...
    "As of late 1936 the SS dagger came under the complete control of the RZM authority with the result that the old SS crossguard stamping was fazed out and the RZM logo and the relevant manufacturer's number was added to the blade. There are a few very early made daggers with RZM code trademarks that have nickel fittings and a few that can be found with nickel plated fittings. The most common early RZM marking is the number 120/34; Note that all Jacob’s RZM daggers will have nickel fittings no matter what period they were made."

To me the above statement means it is certainly possible that these early 120/34 RZM daggers were still being stamped since they were just beginning to faze out the stamps. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I Buy World War 2 German Daggers, Uniforms, & Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
      No doubt about it ...

As I wrote, I´m not collecting them, but, I own some, (among them three "Black one´s" )

Comment

Originally posted by dzyner View Post
        Reibert-Austria

Here's a snippet from GermanDressDaggers.com regarding the SS 1933 daggers...
        "As of late 1936 the SS dagger came under the complete control of the RZM authority with the result that the old SS crossguard stamping was fazed out and the RZM logo and the relevant manufacturer's number was added to the blade. There are a few very early made daggers with RZM code trademarks that have nickel fittings and a few that can be found with nickel plated fittings. The most common early RZM marking is the number 120/34; Note that all Jacob’s RZM daggers will have nickel fittings no matter what period they were made."

To me the above statement means it is certainly possible that these early 120/34 RZM daggers were still being stamped since they were just beginning to faze out the stamps. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me

Thanks!
        Dzyner

I Buy World War 2 German Daggers, Uniforms, & Accessories
        Thx. for this information´s !

Comment

Originally posted by Reibert-Austria View Post
          I´m not collecting III. Reich honour daggers, but, the "Roman I", stamped upon the lower crossguard together with an RZM marked blade ? ...

Also the material of the crossguard, (lower and upper Knebel), IMO does´nt compare to the crossguard of an RZM piece ! ...

I assume, this is an parts-dagger ...
          This is an honest early rzm dagger.

These early daggers, 120/121, were equipped with nickel silver guards and eagle.

i've seen these 120 only with roman I marked x-guards

Comment

@ Reibert: You see, those 120 & 121 daggers may confuse some less experienced collectors.
            Indeed RZM and Roman numeral is strange combination, but not in a piece produced in 1934 (RZM existed earlier than 1936 or 1938). The same goes for nickel silver crossguards. This type of crossguards was used also by other "RZM" SS makers in later years, like for example 807/36.
            Some of the guys who gave their for the dagger are seasoned SS daggers collectors, so you can rest assure this thread is not a bu11sh1t.
            Info about the 120/34 can be found also in every serious referrence book on SS edged weapons.
            Glad to help you with information (I'm not an expert on each III Reich artifact type I own either).

Comment

appreciate !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X