Rail way or water way 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rail way or water way 2nd

See one of these for sale....but read it should have been gold plated? It looks like a heer but has the different scabbard and pommel..pommel is the domed swas. No gold wash anywhere though?

If you're referring to the piece on Eban, forget it. That seller is well known for peddling modern production Kriegsmarine & Imperial Navy daggers we well as reproduction DRK officer & EM hewers in bulk. One thing he likes to sell is Alcoso KM daggers which are not correct, even for reproductions. He is also affiliated with another seller, also in Germany, who's been hawking fake Land Customs daggers are of late.

I suggest you do a check of this seller's completed auctions or of the items still visible in his feedback, note too his prices are too good for the items being sold. All positive feedbacks too which should let you know his buyers are not yet aware of their mistake in buying his wares. Ignorance, as they say, is bliss. Regarding the piece you mentioned, I would be very surprised if there are any period parts in there.

Regarding your question of whether they all were gilted or not, I don't believe they were. If some were, I don't believe all were. Here is an example currently for sale:

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/inspect.asp?Item=3489&Filter=German+Militaria

http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbth...078#Post248078

Comment

You should also note the seller in question has pictures of 2 different daggers in his listing, a Bahnschutz 2nd model & a Railway Water Protection Police dagger, although the listing implies the auction is for the latter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X