Value of Unground Röhm Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of Unground Röhm Dagger

I have the chance to buy a really super unground Röhm dagger made by Ed Wüsthof. This dagger comes from the grandson of the veteran and has never been played with or cleaned. All of the blacking on the motto and Röhm inscription is intact. The blade shows some minor runner marks, the ball of the lower fitting has two small dents and a small piece of the enamel of the SA signet is missing. Besides this, the dagger is pristine and I personally have never seen a better example. I would rate it at 98%. I would appreciate it if you dagger collectors can give me a relasitic value for this dagger.

Barry

Barry,

One note of caution, just make sure the inscription is legitimate & period. More than a few guys have been burned by a well done but fake inscription & a good story. Remember, buy the dagger, not the story. One question, did this piece come off Craigslist recently?

Send pics to someone who knows good from bad. There are a few here, you could always email Gailen David who is universally considered one of the experts & a general good guy.

Comment

"Dealer" price on a 98 % full Rohm SA is in the 7 K range .

Comment

Billy G, no it's not the one from Craigslist (another forum mentioned this too). Craig H, that's what I have been told about the value of a nice Röhm; however, I see none offered on the Internet as nice as the one I can buy. I'll follow up with some photos.

Barry

Comment

Barry,

Thanks. I think the only reason I asked was that other dagger was a Wüsthof too & it seemed coincidental.

Comment

I just bought an untouched Eickhorn SA Full Rohm in Nr Mint condition for $7500.

Gary

Comment

Dealers' price is one thing and collectors' price is another. There was a great HACO on estand last year, sold for sth. like $5K after several price reductions.
              If you're 1000% sure about the provenience, then the dagger is worth at least 5K.
              I wouldn't bother about the minor faults, it's the inscription that makes the Röhm dagger what it is.

Comment

Hi guys
                I purchased the Haco rohm last year mentioned by 777 and its a really special dagger, there was one on Johnsons site a couple of months back i think it sold for $7800, I also have an unground Eickhorn Rohm that pretty darn beaten up with a shortened and sharpened blade that i paid £900 for which i dont think was overpriced but thats JMO..... I suppose you can pay anything in the region of $5-$10k depending on maker and condition and who you buy from (collector or dealer). I personally dont think i have ever seen an Ed Wusthof full rohm so i myself am looking forward to seeing the dagger in question.
                Here are my 2
                Regards Adam

Comment

Thanks to everyone so far. I finally had time to snap some photos. Looking forward to everyone's comments.
                  Attached Files

Comment

--
                    Attached Files

Comment

---
                      Attached Files

Comment

----
                        Attached Files

Comment

------
                          Attached Files

Comment

-------
                            Attached Files

Comment

--------
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X