2 ss daggers from estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 ss daggers from estate

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    Just as the ss sword that I just posted, I was offered these 2 daggers. They are being sold for the widow of a collector.<o></o>
    What do you think of these? I can sent better images of any specific details.<o></o>
    Just let me know what details are important. If they appear replica right away than I don't have to arrange more photo's.
    <o></o>
    Thanks,<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Frank
    Attached Files

2nd dagger
    Attached Files

Comment

The M36 has a chance . Forget about the M33 . IMO

Comment

More pics of all of them,please.

Comment

I will arrange some better images.

Comment

The top scabbard fitting looks strange on the m33
            Regards
            Mametz

Comment

Bad crossguard grooves in the M36.

Weird scabbard on the M33.

Both look like copies to me. I wouldn't touch them.

Comment

I don't like grip on the M36, very strange fitting on M33 sccabard to me too. There is good chance both are copy.

Comment

Hello,
                  I don't want any items in my collection that cause discussion, but as soon as I have better images, I'll post them. Than we'll know it for sure.

It does seem like the seller has an original prinz eugen model army saber, so that did gave me some hope.
                  Last edited by German_military; 01-23-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Despite of all the massive I say these daggers are not 100% wrong. The handle of M36 looks original, so there is a good chance the dagger is original as well. Hard to say anything about the scabbard, because picture is small. It can be a copy but also original after poor restoration job done to it.
                    The scabbard of M33 is original, so called "EP&S type". There is some modification
                    at the upper fitting, but it doesn't make the scabbard a copy
                    About the dagger I can't say anything basing upon such small picture.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X