Engraved SA Dagger Translation needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engraved SA Dagger Translation needed

Engraved SA Dagger Translation needed...This is an early SA dagger by Kober with a personalized presentation dated 1934: Lass Dich Nie Beirren S.E. Iwho Heinz Mayer zum 18.5.34 von Sienen Vater...I have a translation that reads roughly: Let you never mislead S.E. Ingo Heinz Mayer on 18.5.34 From Your father... Lettering appears to be filled in with red...Unique piece and possiby one that can be researched.

Very difficult to decipher for me, but any help appreciated. Thanks, Ed
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ed Hicks; 12-20-2010, 10:08 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you have it pretty straight there Ed. I believe the S.E. is actually "S.L." though, that stands for "seine lieben" a phrase commonly used in german dedications meaning "with love to" or "his love to". Lets see the whole dagger! Kevin.

Comment

Ed,

Good translation job, that looks about it. Looks like a very interesting piece with research potential. I'm with Kevin, can we see the rest of the dagger?

Comment

It goes like this: Lass Dich Nie Beirren! S.l. Ingo Heinz Mayer zum 18.5.34 von Sienen Vater and means: Don't let yourself go astray! To beloved son (rough translation from seinem lieben = his beloved) on 18.5.34 from his Father.

I'm not proffesional translator, but hope you get the point

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X