Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ff

thats not clear
    Last edited by pammy; 10-15-2010, 09:58 AM.

Comment

nn

Comment

Voos did not produce dagger fittings, they concentrated on high quality blades, especially the etched ones, and used in general generic fittings and fittings from other manufacturers.

2nd pattern Lufts are probably the most common of the daggers produced during the 3rd reich to exhibit different fittings from various manufacturer's and as such can cause much confusion with collectors, especially those new to the hobby.

There are no hard and fast rules with 2nd Lufts, so, as long as the fittings are period (and that is easy to assess) almost any configuration is acceptable within certain parameters, i.e. the overall fit of the various parts, the general patination (do all the parts appear to be of the same age), having some knowledge of which manufacturers swapped parts or supplied others all helps in identifying a genuine piece.

There are two ways to go with 2nd lufts, either stick to those manf' who always used only thier own parts to their maker marked blades (SMF, Alcoso, Weyersberg etc), or get genned up on the various styles of fittings and who swapped what with who. I might just add here that the two biggest names associated with Heers and 2nd Lufts often sold parts to each other as supplies dried up, so like I said, no hard and fast rules with these babies

Tom Wittmans Luft book and a perusery of the 2nd Luft section of his sales catalogue are excellent references.

From what I can see in the photos provided I would have a punt at this dagger being a typical Voos example, pommel and Xguard look to be generic and the scabbard certainly exhibits carrying bands made by WKC.

All in all a nice 2nd Luft by a scarcer maker who probably turned out more etched blades than plain ones, nothing about this dagger that would deter me from owning it.

Nolan

Comment

All in all a nice 2nd Luft by a scarcer maker who probably turned out more etched blades than plain ones, nothing about this dagger that would deter me from owning it.
          Well put Nolan. I agree on all points. I normally hold out for the nicest of blades but Voos plain blades are so hard to come by. Pammy has a real peach here
          Frank

Comment

N

THANK YOU SO MUCH FRANK.THATS VERY NICE OF YOU TO SAY!

Comment

Kk

I DO HAVE ONE QUSTION HOW MUCH WOULD A DEALER HAVE THIS FOR,AND WHAT SHOULD IT REALY BE? OK,JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF IT HOLDS VALUE OR NOT..?THANKS SO MUCH GUYS...

Comment

I DO HAVE ONE QUSTION HOW MUCH WOULD A DEALER HAVE THIS FOR,AND WHAT SHOULD IT REALY BE?
                That one I can't answer. 2nd Lufts are a passive interest of mine and I own a few really nice ones by the more common makers.
                Frank

Comment

Hi Pammy!
                  I will try to answer this for you. For me, it all depends on what I pay for an item. I took in trade a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> luft with hangers, portapee, nice condition and by a scarce maker. I took it at a really good price so I sold it for 525 on my site, a real bargain! If I like looking at an item I may price it higher on my site so it does not sell quickly, my RK has had several interested parties and I have talked the people out of the sale. I am probably the only dealer who would do this. On your Voos, it is a rare enough maker I would probably put a higher price on it but not as much as some of the other guys. To answer your question, this would be a desirable dagger and be easier to sell at a higher price than the typical 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Luft. Would it sell fast for 1000 dollars, probably not. But it would move at a reasonable rate between 600 and 800.
                  Take care,
                  Bob
                  www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

B

THANKS SO MUCH BOB,AS YOU ARE AND HAVE BEEN ALWAYS VERY NICE AND HONEST WITH ME AND I THANK YOU FOR THAT! THAT REALY WAS PERFECT AS IT ANWSERED EVERYTHING I WAS TRYING TO ASK! THANKS SO MUCH AND TALK SOON.PAMMY

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X