Atwood SA Honor Dagger?-Info Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atwood SA Honor Dagger?-Info Please

Would like any info i could get on this Dagger. Call it a Copy, Repo, Fake or anything you like. The only other ones i can find similer are through internet searches showing a few like it in past Collector Auctions. They called them "Museum Copies" Whatever that means? One person told me it was an Atwood Dagger from the early 70's. Now i know who James Atwood is but nothing more about this Dagger. I do know it is not a cheap Spanish or Chinese Copy. The quality of this piece is very good for what it is. Just looking to learn as much about it as possible before i offer it on e-stand.
    Attached Files

Dagger

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Dagger

Couple more pics
      Attached Files

Comment

I don't think you can attribute this style fake to "Atwood" not that it matters.
        But it's a Luneschloss acid etched post-war blade.
        post war cross guards.
        Honor scabbard fittings need a close look but I think they are repro.
        Grip looks real.

But that the size and font of that bench stamp....

Don't know if that helps.

Regards,
        -wagner-

Comment

I agree completely with Wags, Atwood was attributed primarily with post war assembly of period parts & this PDL blade is clearly a postwar reproduction. A benchmark usually is indicative of an Eickhorn product which this clearly is not, such a HUGE benchmark leads me to believe the crossguards themselves are also postwar. Such a piece will have value in terms of it's novelty but no serious pricetag IMHO.

Comment

I have a couple of these and I've always thought they were fairly early Spanish copies. However; No one has been able to tell me this for sure.
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by james m View Post
              I have a couple of these and I've always thought they were fairly early Spanish copies. However; No one has been able to tell me this for sure.
              Jim
              Hmm..., most Spanish copies are much more horrible then this one. No ?

Regards, Wim
              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Well here's a couple of pictures. The logo on the blade is Rich. Plumacher Sohn.
                Jim

Comment

Jim,

Looks like yours has the same oversized benchmark? A beautiful presentation in that case nonetheless.

Comment

Yes it has an oversized mark. Actually the quality is petty good. If a genuine blade was substituted for the etched damascus blade on this dagger it would give many pause. If anyone on the forum has any idea where this copy was made I'd be interested in hearing about it.
                    Jim

Comment

Very nice copy. Not chinese, for sure

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X