SA High Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA High Leader

Here is my SA High Leader from a motel buy in a small NE MO town MANY years ago. The veteran was a lawyer who arrested Nazis after the war and this was the ONLY souvineer he brought home (a good choice for me)
    Attached Files

What a work of art! not too many of those around.

Comment

Yuppers

Yuppers!!
      Bee-you-ti-full!!!
      I just love that golden squirrel!!

Comment

Comment

Ron, you have a Gold Mine of Daggers , Love this High Leader SA

Comment

Great piece Ron. Late production too. Were this a standard blade, it would have had M7/66 on it. Do you think it was company policy or party regulations that dictated Damascus blades would have a company maker mark?

One more question: Do you store the dagger inside or outside the scabbard?
            Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

I keep all my NICE blades out of the scabbard and in a double cloth bag made of anti-tarnish silver cloth that my wife makes for me (garding her future after I am gone-she is president of Weinand Militaria, Inc.) I also keep them In the Bank where I have monitored the humidity (it is lower than in my house) for protection. This makes looking at them harder, but I feel much safer since my robbery in 1995 (prior to an alarm system and we caught them and got everything back by a fluke-I was lucky but even then the better pieces were in the bank).

Comment

SA High leader

<TABLE id=post4110757 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD id=td_post_4110757 class=alt1>Ron

You have shown so many super edge weapons that I had to
                comment and say thanks for sharing with collectors.

Hope others will take notice and comment on the many threads
                you have shared in this section!

Many will never see a lifetimes collecting of edge weapons and the condition that so many of these pieces are in!

I was starting to wonder if many of the edgeweapons shown now a days
                had to start life in a old tool box! With bricks on top!

PVON
                <!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2> </TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Thanks so much for your nice comments Paul. Years of work and, living in no-where-ville, not having too many people who collect drop bye has limited my showing the collection. Now, with the reason for the German's visit, I was able to assermble it all in one place and having my wife and my girl Friday Dennise present to be able to photograph it (although not qaulity enough for book work), I was able to post some here. I have MANY more and will show some of them over the next few weeks.
                  My SAs, Army, Luftwaffe and some navy daggers are all presentations. I don't have any plane types in the collection now. Many are named and a few to Knight's Cross Winners, but that is for another day.
                  Ron

Comment

Wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing more....

Comment

Ron:

That is one Beautiful Eickhorn.

John

Comment

I just love honor stuff.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X