Robert Klaas 1st Model Luft with DRGM Hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Klaas 1st Model Luft with DRGM Hanger

Hey guys. I'm considering letting this piece go and was wondering if you all could help me classify and put a value to some aspects I am having trouble with. First is the composition, the fittings are heavy but it was originally sold as being of aluminum construction. Thee cross-guard is silver frsoted with lots of it remaining while the pommel is missing almost all the frosting.The swastika has very faint remanants of Gilding on all four with one on the cross-guard displaying a little more. There are very small amounts of the "green" patina if i look hard into the cracks of the cross and pommel? Is it nickel? I think the fittings on the scabbard must be with their patina. Also, the Klaas mark is very small and not super deep. The blade is in decent condition. The maker marked side is great condition with no spotting but the front side has spotting of oxidation all down the blade, both sides though, display a nice crossgrain and it has no chips, no knicks, and the tip is perfect. The handle has 100% of the leather and the scabbards leather is near perfect as well with 2-3 very small abrasions not really visible. The Chain hanger is composed of uncommon rings that I don't see often as well as the DRGM and the other mark below that on the clip.Thanks for the opinions, any ideas on pricing?

I like it. Looks like early or transitional piece. Scabbard looks early - the solid nickel chain tells it. I'm not sure about the crossguard&pommel, if they are solid nickel the dagger is early one, if they are silver plated pot metal base the dagger is transitional. Mid period daggers can be distinguished by a thicker lower butt plate (crossguard, under the swastika). It looks like thicker one on your dagger.
    I think it should sell in $850-1000 range, maybe bit more maybe bit less. The 1st model is in my opinion an underestimated dagger, people who look for it are ready to pay the good price, but these daggers never cause such "fever" like any junk with SS runes does.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
    X