portapees???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

portapees???

Can someone help me?I just picked these up at an estate sale with some other German items last weekend.what are they?
    Dan46
    Attached Files

Pic#2
    Attached Files

Comment

IMO the third over looks like german police.(sword knot)..last one to right? I have no idea.Not sure of the other two either.

Comment

The two on the left appear to be Army officer's.
        Yes, they are portepees.

Comment

I think the first two are navy?The ends are very long.Any comments?or help?
          Dan46

Comment

If they are gold, they are Kreigs. If they are short and silver, they are Luft. If they are long and silver, they are Army.

Comment

1 & 2 - probably Heer (Army)
              3 - Polizei bayonett
              4 - Polizei sword

Comment

Knot #3 is a Polizei bayonet knot for NCO grade with the smaller bulb. Knot #4 is a Polizei sword knot for Officer grade with the larger bulb. Both are in very nice condition & desirable IMHO.

The straps on the 2 others look long so I would think either Heer or KM, depending on the length. Can you measure them?

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone.I'm sure the first two are KM they are about 19 1/2 inch long.
                  Dan46

Comment

Like I said, long and silver, Army. .

Comment

Kriegs and Army are the same in aluminium portapees, the Kriegs will often have the "cats anus" stuffing in the ball, Army is plain. Kriegs is only golden if very early toned silver bullion or late nylon.

Red

Comment

I checked the knot and they have the cats anus.Also send picture to a well know dealer who said they are KM.I'm going to sell one of them.Looks like they go for about $125-$175.So; a fair price would be about $145.Right???
                        Dan46

Comment

Here is a picture.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X