Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Police Dress Bayonets, 1 Long & 1 Short

Greetings Gentlemen,

I have just acquired 2 new daggers to my Police collection. I am not a dagger expert and I have some questions about these 2 unique bayonets. I will list each one seperately.

Just a couple overview photos of the two Bayonets

The first Bayonet I would like your opinions on is a Larger Police Bayonet. It measures approximately 19.25 inches in the scabbard and the bayonet it self out of the scabbard measures approximately 17 inches.

This is a close up photo of the bayonets eagle side. The eye pushes in just like a combat bayonet which would attach to a rifle.

This is the opposite side which has the rectangle portion where the eye should be.

There is a stamped initial of a Capitial letter "I" and the number "3" directly below the open slot. Any idea what this could stand for?

On the non-sharp side of the blade is another unknown set of numbers and letter which reads, "M0711" origonally it looks as if read "M0410" Why the over stamp and what does this stamp mean? There is also a curve in the cross guard to accomidate a barrel. I cannot assume a dress bayonet would ever have been put on a rifle, am I wrong???

The handle with Eagle:

The blade is in excellent condition, having Never been sharpened, no dings in the blade either. Here is the Maker's Mark:

The scabbard is also in excellent condition with beautiful black leather with no cracks and firm stitching. The end cap has no dents and the section with the bayonet lug is also spotless.

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X