lastest addition: Pack bayo with c31 etching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lastest addition: Pack bayo with c31 etching

Morning peeps, just wanted to show the newest addition to my Pack collection.
    It's a single-etched dress bayonet (luftwaffe) with C 31 Storch airplane image which is supposed to be rare to find nowadays...?

Hope you like it,
    Tom

Wow

Wow, that's a nice bayonet you have there. Consistent with other examples that I have records of (including with Wayne Techet's example) and in very nice condition. It makes me want to get another etched piece as well....

JAN

Comment

Thx Jan, when i've met the collector who sold me this bayo about 2 days ago he showed me another bayo he was willing to let go off. It was also a luft bayo with same c31 etching, only this had extra text "bei/zur (can't remember) fliegerschule staden" + it had stag grips + it had the Siegfried Waffen logo. Tho it's worth more than the one i've just bought he offered it at same conditions cuz he knows im a sucker for Pack's. I instantly started to drool ofc but i told him i was gonna give it a month's rest.
      Did u ever heard of this particular etching or maybe have pictures of a similar example? Seems u know something about etched bayo's...
      Realy need to get Techet's book one of these days.

Best,
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Godts View Post
        Thx Jan, when i've met the collector who sold me this bayo about 2 days ago he showed me another bayo he was willing to let go off. It was also a luft bayo with same c31 etching, only this had extra text "bei/zur (can't remember) fliegerschule staden" + it had stag grips + it had the Siegfried Waffen logo. Tho it's worth more than the one i've just bought he offered it at same conditions cuz he knows im a sucker for Pack's. I instantly started to drool ofc but i told him i was gonna give it a month's rest.
        Did u ever heard of this particular etching or maybe have pictures of a similar example? Seems u know something about etched bayo's...
        Realy need to get Techet's book one of these days.

Best,
        Tom
        Hi Tom,

I have to admit I am far from being an advanced collector. I have only been collecting for some 5 years now, so I am a relative newbie. I tend to begin by comparing known originals with pieces I am about to purchase. I then search through threads and so on. I also have yet to buy Wayne Techet's book myself. However, all that said, I think I have trained my fake-spotting and this passes in my eyes.

Here's a comparison which I was referring to, straight from Wayne Techet's website:

http://www.vonryansexpress.com/Edged_Weapons.htm#epack

It is essential to look at the details. Yes, there may be small differences, but on fake etches, it is generally not that hard to distinguish them from the originals. Very often, the details are lacking, the designs bleed into the borders, the shapes are sloppy.

JAN

Comment

hehehe seems u handle your future purchases just like i do m8, when i got my eye on a piece i look for pictures to compare it with other examples etc and ask for some good advice here on WAF if needed, saved me alot of cash already.
          I was pretty sure about this bayo tho, taking into count who i've bought it from and after comparing with the pictures shown on Von Ryan's Express i couldnt let this one pass
          One thing tho, how accurate are those prices shown on Von Ryans? because i paid alot less then the $1950 he charges...

Comment

Are there by any chance other collectors here on WAF who own a Pack bayo with the C31 etching? If so could you please post some pictures... I'm thinking about buying another one with same etching but different mm and grip and i was hoping to find some examples of this variant.

Thx in advance,
            Tom

Comment

Tom,

Your piece looks right as rain & is beautiful. I know JohnZ. from Calgary has what I would say is an advanced Pack collection including a pair of this type bayonet etch. Hopefully he will chime in on this thread. If not, I suggest you shoot him a PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X