Railway 1st Model Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Railway 1st Model Question

Just a quick questiion. Are Eickhorn marked railway daggers accepted by the collectors? I understand there are 4 known makers but I see RK is the favorite??? Thank you in advance.

Tony

Most collectors prefer Klaas.
    Anything else IMHO will be a harder sell.
    I'm curious, anyone know if the 1st model is listed in their catalgoue?
    www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Nope, only the 2nd model and the Railway Protecton Police dagger.

Red

Comment

Have to agree with Paul, most collectors want a Klaas in this model. On GD, Ron Weinand recently sold an Eick example Bahnschutz 1st model. If I remember correctly, the price was what a dealer would get for a Klaas. According to Ron, Eick made the black grips themselves as they also appear on the Bahnschutz 2nd model. In the past, I've seen Klaas, Eick & Tiger. Who's the 4th accepted manufacturer?

Comment

Thanks Gary for looking. The 2nd model superceeded the 1st in 1938 so it makes sense that no 1st model would be in your cat. I assume that the one you are looking at is dated 1938 or newer. If there is a 1st model in a cat. dated 1935-1937 that would answer this for sure.
          www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Hi Paul, the catalogue I have is a combined re-print of all models produced by Eickhorn, the army shown for example is the first pattern with 2 side screws and 1st type crossguard... so I assume it covers the early models as well.

Comment

To bad that Gary would have put this question to bed.
              www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X