I just got this SA dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sal,

Not sure what you paid for the dagger, but you sure got a nice one for your money! Great, early, uncleaned by a very desirable maker...this one has it all!

Sauer was noted for the (usually) very nice wood used for their grips. One theory is that - since they also made firearms - they had nicer looking wood to choose from.

My advice - enjoy the dagger and forget about what you paid for it,
    Skip

Comment

dagger

That's sound advice!
      Erich

Originally posted by Skipper Greenwade

My advice - enjoy the dagger and forget about what you paid for it,
      Skip
      Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks Guys'
        That is sound advice and I'm getting over paying( almost double!) too much for it. I really like it and I did want a Saur so thats how it goes. I'm not a seller of stuff anyhow so I guess it doesn't matter, but I just don't like feeling like a stupid buyer.
        Thanks again, you guys are great!
        Sal

Comment

You stupid buyer, welcome to the club! I usuall practice double-paying and believe me, there is nothing bad about it Seriously, for this stuff exactly - daggers, helmets, orders - there is nothing wrong with doube paying. They are rare to appear, buy it now, cos you may neva again see similar. Also, you pay double price TODAY. An year or two later the price you have paid today will be below the usual sell price the collector fellas would be eager to give for it... Simply the direction for these items' prices is UP. Remember the wonderful paratrooper helmets that many vendors offered just 30-35 years ago for 30-40$ per piece... Even not long ago prices were reasonable, according to many experienced collectors I've talked to. I have heard that in the 50's you could get a chained SS dagger for about 10-15$ /well, the dollar back then was more expensive, but yet these were funny small prices..../. I am not saying that the prices will increase THAT much, but for sure soon you will be happy you paid for this nice rare item so cheap
          The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Thank you Theodor,
            You really made me feel better about it! I hate the idea of being the only double payer out there. I really wanted this one so I guess its ok to pay a lot. I just want to be able one day to come on the forum and say "check out this Ernst Roehm SS dagger I got for $2000 in mint shape" or something like that.
            Best Wishes, Sal

Comment

Sal,

I'm another "double payer" at times. I shudder everytime I shell out $130 and more for a PAB that three years ago when I lived in Germany I could have bought for DM100, which was $50 in those days. But those days are gone. If I want it I shell out the dough (minus any amount I can get knocked off by dickering!), and it's worth it. I was recently fortunate enough to have a fellow Association member in Germany offer me a particular PAB that he knew I had looked for without success for quite some time. He let me have it for what he had in it, though due to the lousy Euro-US$ exchange rate I got it cost me relatively more. Was it worth it? You bet! (But I don't tell my wife what I pay for these things.)

Regards,
              Greg
              sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
              www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Hey, Sal, we are all double-payers We are giving GREAT money for things we would never use and even would never display at home /many people have problems showing their items due to the people they live with or possible guests/. In fact, we are something more than double payers, as long as we keep in boxes and drawers and cupboardss and whatever things that are bloody expensive but can never be used
                Another point of view: what is the problem if you REALLY want to have something to pay a little more about it???? No problem at all. If you really want it, if you HAVE to have it /we have all experienced this, I believe/, then a little or not a little more bucks is not a problem. Well you pay more - so you will not be able to take all your money back if you sell it tomorrow. But this is not the idea, is it??? At least I, when get something very much desired, have no idea to sell it, not in the coming 2-3 or more years... So if a time comes that you have got fed up with it or have found a better piece, you may be surprised to find out that the price of the thing has become twice the double-paid price
                Seems this was a great "I WANT IT!!!" piece for you. Then just enjoy it. This was the only true way, believe me You may not find as good as this one anymore, or you could get a cheaper and worse and everytime you look at it the True And Nice one would come in your mind...
                I know I wrote too much... But just a final note. I have several things that puchased long ago for about double price. Today I have the things and have 100% forgotten for the money I have spent, maybe at the time there was a hole made in my wallet, but this is long gone and forgotten and I have the nice things and enjoy them very much... On the other hand, there are 2-3 thigns that I did not purchase because considered a bit expensive. Well, they sometimes come to my mind and I bang my head - if I had bought them, the finantial problem was going to be long ago forgotten and today I should have the nice things here in my hands... ....So, good choice, enjoy your perfect dagger!!!!
                Last edited by Theodor; 11-05-2003, 02:24 PM.
                The World Needs Peace

Comment

Hi Sal, it is a very nice SA dagger. Don't worry about what you paid for it, that does not really matter, just enjoy it It will give you years of pleasure long after you have forgot what you paid for it.
                  Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Wow Ade you said it all in 2 sentences, what I tried in 20 /rather 40 / Perfectly said!!!
                    The World Needs Peace

Comment

Thanks again guys!
                      You fellows are great,... and correct as well. I am already well on the way to forgeting the price and its only been a couple of days!!! I do really like it and I'm glad to hear you all think its nice too. You are only wrong about 1 thing Theodor, I display my stuff in the living room because I like looking at them so much. I figure that my friends know me and, although some of them think its weird they know I am not a nazi sympathizer. And the other people who come over will learn that in time. I just can't bear to hide the stuff.
                      Best Wishes to all of you, Sal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X