German used Knifes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German used Knifes.

Here is 3 different Le Vengeurs together. The metal scabbards its not pictured in this moment. ( but i have them )
    Markings on this 3 knifes is : 76 / Le vengeur de 1870 / and gonon 41 ( note the metal ring upside the crossguard . This is the so called model II of this knifetype

Look at the difference in the shape of grip section. Its a well sturdy knife easy to handle , but the crossguard in my opinions too large if you need the knife in hard action.

Here some info from my friend Pas De Croix

This knife which is called M1916 in France was produced in large quantities and is also called “Le Vengeur de 1870”. The same type of blade was used for the US fighting knife M1918 which came very late during WW1. The US made knives came even too late to take part in that war.
    After the defeat of France 1940 the Germans captured large quantities of the M1916.
    Some collectors say the knives without the steel ferule were manufactured earlier and later knives have added ferule.

The M1916 knife was tested in Sweden 1946-50 as a fighting-knife. The disadvantages were obvious and it was replaced during the following tests by other knives in Sweden.

Gonon 41 is the brand of this knife we find most common.

regards LH 600

All my Le vengeurs have seen use in my homecountry.

There was many companies making the knife.
    here is some of them :

Le Vengeur de 1870
    Bourgade
    L. Pradel
    Astier-Prodon
    Pataud
    Delaire
    SGCO
    Chabrol
    Gonon
    Coutellerie Besset

Comment

Here is a SGCO
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice knifes
        Here is a pic of the only one in my collection so far..looks like blood on the blade..

Regards
        Gunnar

Comment

Nice & Orginal Lazarus.
          Thanks for sharing pics with us.

LH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X