Luftwaffe Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Dagger

Hi , i have been offered this Luftwaffe Dagger but as i know nothing about them i would appreciate any help with it regarding originality , maker & value/price . The condition looks reasonably good with just a very small chip on the grip which i show in one of the photo's . I have tried too show most of the features which i hope will help with the things i am asking , any extra photo's you want please let me know as i have it in my possesion over the weekend for inspection .
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Anyone ??

Comment

hi mark, a good dagger: scabbard bands and pommel are smf manifacture, as the blade. if you want to be sure 100%, let us see a pic of the upper side of the guard.

Comment

It's all authentic; with #5 Luftwaffe Inspection stamp on blade. Blade is plated; so the dark areas might polish out, but there is damage to the point (blunted); so, I'd say, value around $450. U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by joelabrendola View Post
                        hi mark, a good dagger: scabbard bands and pommel are smf manifacture, as the blade. if you want to be sure 100%, let us see a pic of the upper side of the guard.
                        Pic as requested , anymore just let me know .
                        Attached Files

Comment

ok mark, a correct smf crossguard. in my opinion a fair value is around 350eur

Comment

2nd Luft

Hi Mark,

There is no problem with that dagger. It is a typical 2nd pattern Luftwaffe by SMF. Some of these I have seen before with guilt swasticas. Sometimes this can be seen on the inside of the pommel when it is unscrewed there may still be traces of gold on the inside. Don't worry if there is not as there is no problem with its originality.
                            Best wishes,
                            Ian

Simplydaggers

Comment

Thanks Joelabrendola & Ian , Ian what is your valuation on the dagger ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X