NSFK Dagger Unit marked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSFK Dagger Unit marked

Picked this up today, not the best of shape on the blade but the rest is real nice, leather is all intact and just age, nickle/silver fittings. The cool part isit's unit marked the scabbard and dagger are the same unit but different numbers, the guy must have picked up the wrong one and put it back in the scabbard, still a good piece. anyone know what unit this may be?

Fritziii
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Last one
              Attached Files

Comment

Fritziii, nice find, these marked ones don't come up too often. I had a very similar one to this, also by SMF, marked TS.2, which denotes Technical School 2. I don't know if any work has been done to identify the location of the schools to their numbers though.

Red

Comment

Fritziii,
                  Yes as Red says they are nice to find with the school markings. I also have a
                  Tech School 5 marked knife but it's an Eickhorn. the serial # 385 stamped under the other "wing".

Your knife has that nice out-of-the-woodwork "salty" look that I appreciate. -Congrats!

Regards,
                  -wagner-

Last edited by Serge M.; 02-21-2009, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Here is a school marked scabbard from a "Balloon Man".
                    Don't know the reason but over the years I seem to have seen more of the
                    Tech School's rather then the ones stamped like this.
                    Perhaps others can shed a light on this?

-wagner-

Comment

Wagner, I have never seen one of these with a damascus blade, any chance of getting a photo of the full dagger?
                      Wolfgang

Comment

Thanks, bummer about the blade but the price was extrmely right so i couldn't pass it up.

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Fritziii View Post
                          Thanks, bummer about the blade but the price was extrmely right so i couldn't pass it up.

Fritz
                          Yes, it's the ole "finger damage" treatment like if it was a butter knife from the flatware set. But I still like it with the mixed scabbard and all...just screams "Out of Vet's Attic".

Regards,
                          -wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeknives View Post
                            Wagner, I have never seen one of these with a damascus blade, any chance of getting a photo of the full dagger?
                            Wolfgang
                            Hello Wolfeknives,
                            Sorry, but this one I'm saving for a book publishing. But as a consolation I will show you the trademark.
                            It is on a knife that is not in the best condition, has unique features as the
                            size is overall smaller than other DLV's/NSFK's. Tech School marked. A real
                            oddball.
                            Hope Fritziii doesn't mind me edging in on his thread.

Regards,
                            -wagner-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X