Early Police dagger, opinons please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Police dagger, opinons please.

I would like your opinons on this Dagger. Any idea what year this was manufactured? The frogg says 1926?? Can you tell me what the makings are? I'm looking to buy it if good. I have not seen one like this in a while, not sure of it's value in this condition.
    The blade has been sharpened! Your comments are needed, thank you for your time.

Sal
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spagg199th; 02-18-2009, 08:49 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice Police bayo.

I do bealive the PK marking means the Police School Kiel .

LH

Comment

Sal,

This bayonet was originally manufactured in the Weimar era & reworked in the 3R by shortening the blade from 17" to 13", shortening the grip & replacing the 6 sided Weimar star grip emblem with the early type 3R police adler that it now has. The clamshell was also removed. The sharpening of this blade looks to be period & fine. The frog may or may not be original to the piece as there might have been swapping by the vet who liberated it or subsequent collectors & looks beat up anyway. Nice looking piece, see if you could score it for $500 & it would be a decent deal IMO.

Comment

Looks great to me. What do you mean by sharpened? The cutting edge or the tip? These bayonets were originally issued in the '20s and were later modified for use during the 3rd reich. That included cutting down the extra long early blades, then re-plating the cut tips. This is why the fuller reaches the tip on these. The grip plates were also shortened when the blade was shortened, an police eagle was affixed, then the piece was put back together. Are there any numbers on the scabbard? Do they match those on the crossguard?

-josh

Comment

looks like billy can type a little faster than me...

Comment

Billy G.,

The blade is 17.25" long. Has matching number scabber.

Sal
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X