Need opinions on Army Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions on Army Dagger

I had this Army on the E-stand for awhile and had no complaints or questions as to authenticity. That doesn't mean that much, but I wanted to mention it. Maybe it slipped through the cracks. I have had someone buy it and now wants to return itas a repro. He said that the crossguards were real but that the rest of it was a repro. Can anyone take a look at these photos and tell me what they have to say about it.
    Here is the connection to the E-stand:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=316126
    Thanx,
    Tim

Army Dagger

I dont know what his basing his conclusion on looks okay to me, Ive only ever bought one fake army and the tang gave it away yours is same manufacture as the couple of good ones I have. Is there a throat screw missing, I dont have my glsses on so if Im wrong I am sorry but everything else I say is good. Id have it on my wall.
    cheers Robert

Comment

The crossguard is one of the two generic patterns. This was used by Wingen but also by many other makers. Other parts seems also okay. The top scabbard band looks not very nice but I suppose it is just sloppy work? Pommel and guard have the same patina but the ferulle shines bright... ?

Regards, Theo
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

nice old dagger

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X