opinions on FULL ROHM dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,
    here one more photo . Hopefully this is good enough .. otherwise I will do some new photos of the (full ) blade tomorrow ,

cheers
    Attached Files

Comment

I was going to reply that Eickhorn used the large oval trademark on their Rohms but someone beat me to it. Apparently HACO made very few of these and there just aren't many to compare this to. But I do think that the consensus is that they used their standard mark. So this one passes in that respect.

Regarding the etch itself, I have my doubts. Specifically both R's in "Ernst Rohm" don't look anything like what I am familiar with on known good examples. And the stroke above Rohm isn't to my liking.

Now I don't consider myself to be an expert on these and I'm not claiming to be. It's just that there are several images available if you look around and this etch is different. I'm also holding in my hands right now a full Rohm which passed a hands-on inspection by Wittmann and it's not the same.

As always, fire away. I'm here to learn.

Comment

I tend to agree with REVYJ, here is a pictuere of my rohm and the Rs do seem to be diffrent. Regards steve
        Attached Files

Comment

I see what Rev is reffering to. I have to admit those do not look right. Especially the big "R".
          Unless someone else can come up with a bonafide Haco FR that has these features....it looks like this one is perhaps a fake.

-wagner-

Comment

hmm , not the best news for me

In direct comparison to the signature given by Steve , I see the two main differences ( + the big "R " ) .

Hopefully anyone has pictures of another HACO piece ???

cheers joe
            Attached Files

Comment

I agree with Zander. I have a J.A. Henckels Full Rohm and the signature matches his almost exactly, also the inscription is crisper than on the example shown here. In comparing the Full Rohm to a Regular Henckel although the makers mark has not been reduced it is higher up the blade to accomodate the inscription. On the Rohm it is 1/4 inch from the crossgrip and on the regular non-Rohm it is 1/2 inch.

Regards,
              steve

Comment

Hi Joe
                Sorry it doesnt look good news, there also appears to be a diffrence to the small r
                Attached Files

Comment

the maker should be close to the hilt so the inscription starts away from the tip, the NC machine copies the original inscription perfect!

Comment

HACO full Rohm discussion here: http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...245#8830001245

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Lipps View Post
                      This has always been somewhat of a point of confusion with me. Did all Rhom dagger makers reposition their makers mark to accomodate the inscription? Looking through some of my reference books I see a lot of makers who apppear to have left their maker's mark in the normal location, such as Klaas, Hammesfahr, Herder and double oval Eickhorn?
                      I am certain that R.A. Herder, & Eickhorn used Reduced size Trademarks on the Dedication Blades. There are errors in every book, & I'd say: showing full size trademarks on Rohm blades is an error.

Comment

Aesculap also used a smaller logo on honor daggers (the two daggers on the rigth). It was closer to the crossguard than the larger logo on a regular service dagger (the three on the left)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X