Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake KS98 Dress Bayonet - For your information

Hey guys,

here's a fake KS98 bayonet on sale here. I thought it would be a good idea to share it so that some beginning collectors would not get fooled. One thing that shines out to me when I look at it is the blade (gloss, shape, TM) as well as the checkering on the bayonet which is not comparable to period pieces. The scabbard is strange too.

Link: http://www.aukro.cz/item445818329_ne...ovy.html#photo

Sample pic:

JAN

Jan, what's the MM stamped on the blade?

Not a bad looking blade all things considered. As a side note, it would probably suffice to work as a filler for someone doing either a presentation or a temporary piece till the real deal rolls in.

I agree about the blade, it lacks that heavy nickel plated look and just doesn't have that mirror like shine you'd expect to see on a nice, period example by someone say..Eickhorn.

Out of curiosity how much are these? Heck, if they are $75, might as well just buy the real dea.

Here's a Luft 98 with that nice bright blade.

thanks for the info
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey

Hey,

aside from all the negatives, it's not such a bad fake. The price really is close to 75 USD which is something I would never pay since you can get an original at that price sometimes.

I played around with Photoshop and this is what I got out of it. I am almost certain the TM is "TSR".

Here's the result I got:

As a sidenote, a beautiful Luft KS98 you got there!

JAN

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X